Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some weird line-up. Good luck girls, I think you'll need it.
Feels like we're at the point where we need a win, yet the lineup feels very experimental. Lots of good players and it's a match we'd expect to win so that may be okay, but big questions otherwise. Especially considering the players on the bench.

Completed. Please take note of my comments regarding the switching of the womens games from summer to winter.
I have a strong opinion on this too, so I'd be interested to learn what you said in your survey reply.

I have a strong opinion on this too, so I'd be interested to learn what you said in your survey reply.
Basically that those of us who follow the mens team have withdrawal symptoms in the summer and the Women's team gave us the opportunity to carry on watching live football. Also the Academy stadium is like being in the Arctic during the Winter but very pleasant in the Summer.

My wife and I went regularly when it was a Summer game, hardly go at all since they switched.

Basically that those of us who follow the mens team have withdrawal symptoms in the summer and the Women's team gave us the opportunity to carry on watching live football. Also the Academy stadium is like being in the Arctic during the Winter but very pleasant in the Summer.

My wife and I went regularly when it was a Summer game, hardly go at all since they switched.
Thank you.

I'm a Chelsea Women season ticket holder so clashes with men's fixtures are a huge issue for me but it's not my biggest reason for opposing the switch to winter. I understand why it was done but the success of the Euros supported what I felt all along. Namely that instead of us synchronising with uefa by moving to a winter season, uefa should have synchronised by moving the whole European women's game to the summer.

One reason is as you said, it gives women's football a better chance to draw support from fans of the men's game. Another is that the Scandinavian countries will always be out of sync with winter football because they can't play outdoor football in their winters. The main reason however is just the nature of the game and its audience. Watching women's football is a different experience and the make-up of the spectators is different too. There's a higher percentage of women, and a much higher percentage of family groups. It's not just a football match, it's a day out. Much more so than is the case with men's football.

The Euros showed this brilliantly. Being there, and everything around the game, was as much a part of the fun as the football. Loads of young girls dancing in the stands to songs I'd never heard, mobile phone light shows, Sweet Caroline, and selfies with the players. It all just screams summer. The weather suited the fans, and it suited the football. In the southern nations, where daytime temperatures make summer football uncomfortable, post siesta kick-offs are fine because the kids are off school. Women's football will grow more quickly if it takes place in the summer.

P.S. You're not wrong about the CFA. Always perishing whenever I've been there, especially during 'The Beast From The East' a few winters ago. Fortunately, it was a great game, as it often is when Chelsea visit City.

This 100 %

Looks like we'll be ditching the white shorts and following along with a few others that have already made the switch:

The sky blue shirts and maroon shorts are a fuckin' winner.

I'm hoping for a goal fest tonight but I suspect GT will start with a Pep-style Carabao cup line up and it'll have never played together before and individuals will be wonder WTF.

The ticket on the phone is all up the shoot, but CS says that it'll still work. My wallet is showing next Sunday's fixture v Dippers.

The sky blue shirts and maroon shorts are a fuckin' winner.

I'm hoping for a goal fest tonight but I suspect GT will start with a Pep-style Carabao cup line up and it'll have never played together before and individuals will be wonder WTF.

The ticket on the phone is all up the shoot, but CS says that it'll still work. My wallet is showing next Sunday's fixture v Dippers.
Yeah, would imagine that it will be runouts for those who haven't had many minutes as yet this season. Expecting MacIver, Raso, Blackstad, Fowler, Losada & Angeldahl to all get starts tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.