Worst League In Football?

predictably on here, people who's football horizon only streches as far as hadrian's wall will say the SPL simply because they know that only rangers or celtic ever win it. however, i went to watch prestatyn v rhyl a couple of years back in a season that rhyl won the league. although i enjoyed the day, the quality was poor. to even suggest that rhyl town would be a match for rangers or celtic would require a vivid imagination. obviously, the faroes league or the san marino league would be horrendously poor but from my limited knowledge, the welsh league is nowhere near the standard of the SPL.

sorry dad.

Unknown_Genius said:
If we're going by corrupt officials, and a spineless association that bows down to an alcoholic, then its definitely the English Premier League.

This x 100

Petemeister said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well if its top leagues then

Spl
Mls
Brazilian league (looks good but if you really watch is shit poor)
Australian league is shite
Also really must be loads of proper shit leagues in Europe

I watched ESPN review the last few wekks on the Bundesliga and i really dont get what the fuss is all about. Its like watching Serie A

Evidently you didn't watch Borrusia Dortmund against Bayern Munich on Saturday then.
Quality game played at pace and Dortmund came out 3-1 winners. Nothing like Serie A mate.

I never claimed to be an officianado of the bundesliga but the ones i have watched have been like Serie A, evidently i missed a good game

Ugly- Australian (A) League, SPL

Bad - MLS (but has flourished despite lack of money, interest or media coverage)

Good - Serie A, Bundesliga

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Spl
Mls

I watched ESPN review the last few wekks on the Bundesliga and i really dont get what the fuss is all about. Its like watching Serie A

And just how much Brasilian football do you actually watch? We're one of the top ranked leagues in the world thank you very much, not to mention one of the most competitive and entertaining. So you sir are mistaken (that's coming from someone who watches the Brasileirao week in week out, not to mentioned Copa do Brasil, State Championships [which is probably what you were watching] and the Copa Libertadores).

citykev28 said:
predictably on here, people who's football horizon only streches as far as hadrian's wall will say the SPL simply because they know that only rangers or celtic ever win it. however, i went to watch prestatyn v rhyl a couple of years back in a season that rhyl won the league. although i enjoyed the day, the quality was poor. to even suggest that rhyl town would be a match for rangers or celtic would require a vivid imagination. obviously, the faroes league or the san marino league would be horrendously poor but from my limited knowledge, the welsh league is nowhere near the standard of the SPL.

sorry dad.

Naw sorry but the SPL is just utter p!sh, lets face it teams play each other 3 times then the league splits with the top 6 playing each other once more and the bottom 6 playing each other. The footy is dull boring & monotonous with pretty much a real lack of skill, can you imagine playing the same team 4 times in 1 season and take Rangers & Celtic they will play each other 7 times this season BORING!!!

I watch Ayr United in the Scottish 2nd division the quality is poor but they are my hometown team and it can still be entertaining, however anyone who has a football brain and an ability to assess the merits of football will undoubtedly come to the conclusion what the SPL is just shit.

Joga Bonito said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Spl
Mls

And just how much Brasilian football do you actually watch? We're one of the top ranked leagues in the world thank you very much, not to mention one of the most competitive and entertaining. So you sir are mistaken (that's coming from someone who watches the Brasileirao week in week out, not to mentioned Copa do Brasil, State Championships [which is probably what you were watching] and the Copa Libertadores).

I watch a fair bit as i used to follow Sao Paulo and Gremio. Now most of it is in Portuguese so i honestly wouldnt know what league i was watching and i know it all split up and then it mixes up and forms another part of a championship. As for the Copa Liberatadores, isnt that like the Champions League of South America which i never said was shit

Ayrshire-Blue said:
citykev28 said:

sorry dad.

Naw sorry but the SPL is just utter p!sh, lets face it teams play each other 3 times then the league splits with the top 6 playing each other once more and the bottom 6 playing each other. The footy is dull boring & monotonous with pretty much a real lack of skill, can you imagine playing the same team 4 times in 1 season and take Rangers & Celtic they will play each other 7 times this season BORING!!!

I watch Ayr United in the Scottish 2nd division the quality is poor but they are my hometown team and it can still be entertaining, however anyone who has a football brain and an ability to assess the merits of football will undoubtedly come to the conclusion what the SPL is just shit.

You do of course realise that you have left yourself wide open to the paper roses neighbour of yours to take the piss mercilessly by saying that if you went to rugby instead of somerset you would see good football? :-)

If anyone expects a league in a country the size of Northern Ireland to be of the same standard as the bundesliga or serie A then they need to wobble their head, but you can still see some good football and some entertaining games (not the same thing).
If I was paying £5 into a ground then I wouldnt expect the same standard of football that I would expect when paying £50 to sit in the East level 3, likewise I wouldnt expect the same standard of acting at a schools play that I would expect at a top show in london etc.
So define the term "Worst league in football"?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Petemeister said:
Evidently you didn't watch Borrusia Dortmund against Bayern Munich on Saturday then.
Quality game played at pace and Dortmund came out 3-1 winners. Nothing like Serie A mate.

I never claimed to be an officianado of the bundesliga but the ones i have watched have been like Serie A, evidently i missed a good game

You did mate, it's not the highest scoring league but it's very even, every game is competitive and quick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.