Would you have died happy with the FA Cup win in 2011?

we all got friends and family members who have miss out on this glory road that we are on and they have sadly died too soon and before the take over i always think about the fans who are watching from up there in the sky when city win silverware and feel truly blessed to be on this plant and the magic of winning can never be like the first you have seen its a moment in time you hope and dream will happen and in a way it what football is about dreams

the fa cup win in 2011 is special and for the club and fans it was the statement that we are going to just put this in the bank yes its good to win it but you have to move on fast enjoy it for the moment it was. but look to the future and no standing still back slap everybody football got a thing of kicking you when you think you have beaten it or them

so every time from that moment i look to the heavens and say its for you lot up there or where ever you are. the ones still on this planet and love manchester city we are just passing on the message the history of manchester city and to the next ones who have found us and taken manchester city to there hearts and (never forget)

Absolutely I never thought I would see us win anything
I didn't think my children would
I have seen Some grim times the Pearce years for me were bad and the time we have loads of different managers including Neal and coppell

So yes winning the cup was all I wanted

Absolutely I never thought I would see us win anything
I didn't think my children would
I have seen Some grim times the Pearce years for me were bad and the time we have loads of different managers including Neal and coppell

So yes winning the cup was all I wanted
I agree with that,i'll never forget the moment the final whistle went,i just started crying - i couldnt believe i was watching us win the FA Cup.

Everything since has just been a wonderful bonus,and whats more exciting is the probability we will go on to achieve,and experience,so much more.

Until the rags did us in the league cup in 2010 we had not reached a semi since 1981. That was a ridiculous stat, even chesterfield and Oldham and Tranmere had made it to the semis of a cup since we last got there.

I remember watching loads of quarters where we got beat including Liverpool, Blackburn, spurs and West ham. So to start getting in semis was a big step forward. V rags at Wembley was brilliant and our coming of age though I was as nervous as hell. Winning v stoke was a feeling of relief and I can't say I enjoyed it. But once we had that monkey of our back I could go to Wembley and enjoy it (except wigan). Chelsea and Sunderland were great days out. So I feel privileged to have seen us win both cups and the league.

Moved to NZ in 2015 so missed Liverpool last year. Would love to see us complete the set by winning at the millennium this year.

My only regret is my dad passed away 3 months before the 2011 final. He was a big blue and used to tell me back in the dark days that city would have their success again one day and that football goes in cycles. Thought he was talking shite at the time but just goes to show our parents know best!
Great post.

I have similar feelings. We all follow our own paths in life. I grew such a connection to City in the 90's and all I ever wanted was to see us lift a trophy with my own eyes. I remember being ridiculously convinced that we were going to win the cup at the Tottenham quarter final and being so down as the nightmare unfolded. It affected me for years to a point against West Ham in the quarters when I could barely muster any anticipation pre-match because I knew we'd fuck up.

Due to a variety of reasons but principally moving to Hull and having three kids, I did my time home and away in the dark days and by the time 2011 & 12 came around, couldn't go more than half a dozen times a season. I went to the United semi and it seemed that it was the day we reached where I always wished us to be.

I didn't get to the final or the QPR match. I was offered a ticket for Sunderland but couldn't get there. I went against Wigan and thought it'd be the day I'd dreamt of for 25 years.

After that final, my Dad said I was banned from finals because I was a bad luck charm.

I finally got me and my boys tickets for Liverpool last season and when Yaya scored his penalty, dropped to my knees in tears. Some around me couldn't understand my reaction because after what we'd won, this was only the league cup.

I enjoy the ride now but nothing will ever make up for the games I missed nor match the derby semi or my feelings last February at Wembley. I'm exhausted by football and City but keep on keeping on.

Great post.

I have similar feelings. We all follow our own paths in life. I grew such a connection to City in the 90's and all I ever wanted was to see us lift a trophy with my own eyes. I remember being ridiculously convinced that we were going to win the cup at the Tottenham quarter final and being so down as the nightmare unfolded. It affected me for years to a point against West Ham in the quarters when I could barely muster any anticipation pre-match because I knew we'd fuck up.

Due to a variety of reasons but principally moving to Hull and having three kids, I did my time home and away in the dark days and by the time 2011 & 12 came around, couldn't go more than half a dozen times a season. I went to the United semi and it seemed that it was the day we reached where I always wished us to be.

I didn't get to the final or the QPR match. I was offered a ticket for Sunderland but couldn't get there. I went against Wigan and thought it'd be the day I'd dreamt of for 25 years.

After that final, my Dad said I was banned from finals because I was a bad luck charm.

I finally got me and my boys tickets for Liverpool last season and when Yaya scored his penalty, dropped to my knees in tears. Some around me couldn't understand my reaction because after what we'd won, this was only the league cup.

I enjoy the ride now but nothing will ever make up for the games I missed nor match the derby semi or my feelings last February at Wembley. I'm exhausted by football and City but keep on keeping on.

Yeah CityKev I was sat about 5 rows behind you v Wigan, saw yer shirt. I had been against Wolves 74, Spurs X 2 in 81, Chelsea 86 and had never seen us win at Wembley until Stoke. I would have died happy that day (exactly 30 years to the day) of the Spurs replay. But as I do, had another bite v Wigan. Arguably the worst day of my life. 5-30 kick-off Blues on the piss since 8am, fighting in clumps in the ground, most of the first-half sat with my 10 year old grandson. He was devastated, again, so was I. Really hope we do it this time, will probably stay away to boost the chances of victory.

Yeah CityKev I was sat about 5 rows behind you v Wigan, saw yer shirt. I had been against Wolves 74, Spurs X 2 in 81, Chelsea 86 and had never seen us win at Wembley until Stoke. I would have died happy that day (exactly 30 years to the day) of the Spurs replay. But as I do, had another bite v Wigan. Arguably the worst day of my life. 5-30 kick-off Blues on the piss since 8am, fighting in clumps in the ground, most of the first-half sat with my 10 year old grandson. He was devastated, again, so was I. Really hope we do it this time, will probably stay away to boost the chances of victory.
Here's another circle of City for you - my old man bought a scarf (blue, white, maroon vertical) against Newcastle at Wembley in '76. Forty years to the day later, I wore it to Wembley to watch us win the same trophy against Liverpool.

Here's another circle of City for you - my old man bought a scarf (blue, white, maroon vertical) against Newcastle at Wembley in '76. Forty years to the day later, I wore it to Wembley to watch us win the same trophy against Liverpool.

Your right chief, one horrible childhood memory wiped out 30 years to the date mate. The second being Sunderland final.

I'll die happy having supported CIty for 50 years.......win or lose.......don't give a fuck........

BUT that win over the red divs at Wembley was a huge highlight of said supporting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.