Would you still support City if....?

shaundickov said:
...in January we signed the whole Brazilian national team including subs and Phil Scolari as manager, and released all of our current players and manager except the Brazilians we've already got?

I know this is fiction but what I'm trying to find out is would you still support City if there was no English or local connection left at the club?

On the one hand, for years I've been mocking rags for not coming from Manchester, and proud of City being my local club with homegrown fans and lots of homegrown players.

But football has changed, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to support a team with absolutely no local or English connection anymore. Because this could happen in a year or so.

I have no conection to manchester accept City, but i dont think i would be happy with that outcome after 30 years tbh.

When the arab money was announced i initially thought oh no this is terrible we are going to become aresenal,chelsea and utd all rolled into one,i real vile thought.nevertheless robhino,kompany,zabaletta have straight away become city players in my eyes.
i think i would have a problem in bringing in high profile signings like John Terry,Ronaldo etc who are synonymous with other premiership sides.(Like even when swp was at chelsea to me he remained a city player).
I still think its important to keep an element of home grown acadamy players involved with the team.

first post for me so hello all

jeffmr2 said:
When the arab money was announced i initially thought oh no this is terrible we are going to become aresenal,chelsea and utd all rolled into one,i real vile thought.nevertheless robhino,kompany,zabaletta have straight away become city players in my eyes.
i think i would have a problem in bringing in high profile signings like John Terry,Ronaldo etc who are synonymous with other premiership sides.(Like even when swp was at chelsea to me he remained a city player).
I still think its important to keep an element of home grown acadamy players involved with the team.

Rag. 100% Rag.

jeffmr2 said:

Good shout and welcome aboard matey

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
well past the next double over Eintracht Stretford.

It's funny that you take the piss out of United for coming from Stretford not Manchester, but you're happy to support a potential team and coaching staff none of who come from Manchester or have any connection with the place.

shaundickov said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
well past the next double over Eintracht Stretford.

It's funny that you take the piss out of United for coming from Stretford not Manchester, but you're happy to support a potential team and coaching staff none of who come from Manchester or have any connection with the place.
At least we'll still play in Manchester.
Which is something the Rags can never do (except once a year).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.