'Wow' Moments in Video Games

Right at the end of Beyond Two Souls, when the twist was revealed, I wasn't expecting it at all. I just sat here watching it in amazement.

TFC said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Vice City, the opening shot with the power balled (can't remember which but it was perfect) and the general atmosphere of the game initially had me going.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKWA6Af70I[/youtube]

Spent more time riding around in cars listening to the radio than doing the actual missions, the soundtrack was top notch :)

You know what i did the same thing. That's why GTA5 isn't classic for me as most of the music is so fucking annoying. Every time i get in a car i have to piss about turning the radio of.

Challenger1978 said:
TFC said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Vice City, the opening shot with the power balled (can't remember which but it was perfect) and the general atmosphere of the game initially had me going.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKWA6Af70I[/youtube]

Spent more time riding around in cars listening to the radio than doing the actual missions, the soundtrack was top notch :)

You know what i did the same thing. That's why GTA5 isn't classic for me as most of the music is so fucking annoying. Every time i get in a car i have to piss about turning the radio of.

Apart from rebel radio. Which is the bomb or something...

IK+

Pressing 'T' and watching their trousers fall down.

zelda ocarina of time, when you go to big link<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:37 pm --<br /><br />most of shenmue

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8RpDgxAyKI[/youtube]

Doom on ps1. My mate had one when they first come out and he had doom on demo . I remember playin it and was blown away . Pretty much bought a ps1 just for that and was addicted to it once I finally got the full copy . One of those exciting gaming moments that I'll prob never get again until doom 3 came out for pc . Again, blown away and actually had dreams about it when I bought it .

Don't really get like that with games anymore which is a pity really . As mentioned, the beach level on medel of honour was cool as it reminded me of saving private Ryan at the time . I also agree with the ghillie suit level on call of duty . The graphics just looked awesome .

I'm sure I'll be amazed by the ps4 if/when I get one .

*First off, Goldeneye. I'll never forget the first time I saw the First Surface mission. At the time, it was pretty open and expansive feeling and it was a great sight to slog around in the snow laying waste to many an enemy.

*The original Half Life. I could fill multiple posts with moments from this one. Just the intro sequence alone, heading into Black Mesa on that train. Then there was the moment the first time you saw the military coming in (and you thought they were arriving to help you) and started killing everyone in sight. Also the Blast Pit with the three long tentacle arms.

*Half Life 2 took it even further. In the opening escape sequence, there was a moment where you were running along the roof ledges and a small cluster of birds got scared up and flew in your fave. I was actually startled. Also the end of he long run on the water to Black Mesa East, when you jumped over the dam on the airboat and just kind of settled back into the water and cruised up to the shore. Also, the entire Ravenholm section still gives me the creeps.

*Playing Far Cry 1 for the first time. Just how exotic the locale was and how great everything looked. Lots of sniper rifle fun with that game.

* The first Bioshock - having to beat someone to death with a golf club. Also the moment toward the end when you were going through the transition into a Big Daddy and that thing came out of the wall and scrambled your voicebox so you couldn't talk anymore and could only make that anguished screaming wail.

Playing SSX3 in the beginning and putting together how all the different runs were going to eventually link together to make for one long (30+ minute) run down the entire mountain. Brilliant!

I could go on and on, but that will do for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.