WWE

Deepest Blue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
At least WWE tries to be entertaining, watching the rags do fuck all for 90 mins then get a penalty isn't really that much of a thrill.
Reminds me of the old time Big Daddy matches.

Everyone knows the outcome but stacks of drongos tune in anyway to see the scripted finale.

You know what Big Daddy would have amounted to had he been in WWE? Absolutely zilch. Infact he probably wouldn't even have had a tryout the guy made Hulk Hogan look like a technical marvel in the ring.

If there's any footballer that reminds me of a heel, it's El Hadji Diouf. I think he really enjoys getting opposition fans' backs up. Possibly Suarez too.

Also Di Canio and Mourinho have constructed unreal personas that wouldn't be out of place on WWE.

I think this has legs.

in less politically correct times, we would have been on the heel side of the equation--wwf was always ready to put up an arab as a bad guy (Iron Sheik, et al)

I see that a ref just influenced a match by hitting a guy in the nuts. I think Twattenburg may have a future with them if the FA lets him go.

buckshot said:
I see that a ref just influenced a match by hitting a guy in the nuts. I think Twattenburg may have a future with them if the FA lets him go.

As soon as I saw this thread I thought of that! The ending to CM Punk vs. Ryback was much like the rags vs. Chelsea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIASrq0eaKA[/youtube]

If, hypothetically of course, we were to win the league from United with the last kick of the season, after performing the comeback of all comebacks, after being 8 points behind and after beating them with a ridiculous scoreline (like 6-1 or something), would you complain about the script? Obviously, I'm exaggerating to prove my point, there is no way all that can happen, it's nowhere near believable.

TheMightyQuinn said:
At least WWE tries to be entertaining, watching the rags do fuck all for 90 mins then get a penalty isn't really that much of a thrill.
It's like United are the guy pinned down in a 3 count but always has someone to interfere when they are about to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.