Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's record since YaYa came back v Palace 8 matches ago.

With YaYa P4 W4
Without YaYa P4 D2 L2

Says it all

a bit too backwards and sideways at times today but he brings so much composure and assurance on the ball that it seems to reassure those around him that they'll get good service.

I loved it when he abused the linesman after about 5 minutes of the second half. His passion flowed and really fired the team up. Well done big fella. Keep it up.

Part of the group of current players that will leave this club with legend status in my eyes.

Touré, Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Zabaleta, Hart. Very, very tempted to put Fernandinho in there... maybe not yet.

What he does which is so invaluable is what Busquets does so well for Barcelona. If another player is in trouble, getting pressed etc. Yaya will find a way to make himself available, and then when he gets the ball, 8 times out of 10 his first touch is an accurate pass to someone. No one else we have can do that.

We instantly go from being in trouble, possession wise, to the ball being half way across the pitch and with a player in a bit of space.

He was absolutely vital, perhaps more than any other player to that period of constant dangerous possession after the first goal which eventually lead to Arsenal conceding the second.

He makes time stand still.

110 touches, 98 passes (over 30 more than any other player), 90% accuracy, only Nando equaled him for tackles and interceptions - ran the game in much the way he did at his peak. I think that is the most involved he has been in a game for quite some time and I hope it is a sign that he is getting match fit enough to give us a glorious swansong because Pep was right to call him an exceptional player.

Is Yaya Touré still one of the best players in the world? Never thought I'd say that again but recent performances suggest he's not done yet.

Played very well in 2nd half v arse.

If we are going to challenge for the league and cl he will not be mobile enough now. Players run off him so easily. Cannot sprint anymore. People love him I know, and most don't care what happens off the ball. If he passes 99 times accurately from 100 it's a great stat. But please no, not another contract. He has taken the piss for two years now. 2 stone overweight until guardiola pulled the plug.
Use him when needed as he has used us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.