Yaya Toure apologises

As much as I dislike Seluk, Toure isn't about to bin his agent off at this stage of his career. Given the closeness of their relationship, he probably does love his agent more than he loves City. No drama for me. He's been brilliant for us, but it's clearly time to move on. It shouldn't taint his legacy though.
His poor performances over the last 18 months were already doing that for many. Coupled with 3 years of nonsense from his agent (and by extension Yaya himself) have only served to sully it more.
Love what he's done for us and I'll never forget his part in an unbelievable 3 years but personally I'll never hold him in as high esteem as the likes of Zaba/Kompany/Silva. There's more to creating a legacy than being a talented footballer in my eyes.

Yaya has probably signed documents that have him stitched up so tight he can't, or won't even speak!
If this was a marriage Seluk would be investigated for "controlling behaviour "

Yaya's silence makes it seem like he loves his agent more than City.
And that is perhaps why so many want to see back of Yaya. He (Yaya) should of silenced his gob shite agent from embarrassing both himself and Yaya the very first time the media got their gleeful grubby hands on Seluk's mumbling deluded outbursts. The club have suffered enough adverse publicity down the years as it is without all this shit that Seluk has caused, whilst Yaya has allowed him to without a word of Yaya disagreeing.

It seems as though Yaya condones what he's said

Yeah Pep has the upper hand, just pay him £1 million a month and don't play him.

There is no motivation for the player or manager now, just tapering off.

His poor performances over the last 18 months were already doing that for many. Coupled with 3 years of nonsense from his agent (and by extension Yaya himself) have only served to sully it more.
Love what he's done for us and I'll never forget his part in an unbelievable 3 years but personally I'll never hold him in as high esteem as the likes of Zaba/Kompany/Silva. There's more to creating a legacy than being a talented footballer in my eyes.
Been struggling to sort my feelings for yaya out in my head for some time but this post nails it for me. Sorted. Think you :-)

There's no way that he hasn't received numerous "warnings" in the past due to Seluk. City in general needed to show a strong hand after the amount of shit he had spewed plus it reiterates the power that Pep has which is obviously important. This was undoubtedly a very calculated move.

It was incredibly calculated.

Pep brought this up 1 month after Seluk last spoke out, but the day that Yaya returned to training after missing a week from a migraine.

I don't know why he chose to have this fight now, but this is definitely happening because Guardiola wants it to - he was the one who decided to take it public.

That's fair enough. Everything's relative after all, and you're comparing him to three players I adore. I still admire him greatly, and any off the field nonsense won't change that. He's one of our most important ever players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.