Yes or No. Do you think we'll win the PL next season?

Yes we will.

Assuming the squads stay the same, start with the easy ones:

Liverpool - same as this year, 6th at best.
Arsenal - no chance, don't have any match winners and lack belief.
Spurs - have one match winner, no squad and no strikers.

Then:

Chelsea - we can beat them at will, lightweight midfield, no strikers.
United - problems with Rooney, over reliance on Van Persie, ageing centre halves, no Ferguson.
City - Best first eleven, will score more goals, will play more expansive football, squad more harmonious, have a point to prove.

Obviously the dynamics change if the squads change, but then every team has the same problems in bedding them in, signing the right player for the right position, etc. It's not that easy to just lump a load of players together and expect it to work re Mata, Oscar, Hazard. In terms of new managers, United can only be weaker, Chelsea probably stronger, City? Fuck knows!!

At this moment in time, I'd have to say no.

No manager, change in club structure and potential new signings needing time to bed in. Let's see what the next 6 weeks bring us.

It's a 3 horse race now so twice as hard as last year. However I think we are going to spend BIG and therefore I expect to be challenging going into the final few games.

With a preseason not curtailed by international tournaments, no African Cup of Nations, Pellegrini in place for the whole summer, Cavani in for Edin (thanks for the last few years effort, but world class is world class), Rodders fit for the majority of the season taking the CM load off Barry, Micah fully fit covering across the back, Silva fully rested in the summer and another great surprise signing - I am REALLY looking forward to next season.

In a word - yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.