Young captains. Help needed.

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
After Ramsay became Wales' youngest ever captain today I thought I'd write an article (for a website that I run) about the best young captains for club/country down the years.

Off the top of my head all I could think of was De Rossi at Rome (who I've since discovered is now vice-captain so I'm assuming it was only a temporary honour) and of course Moore for England at the age of 23. But he is such an obvious choice.

No problem I thought. I will simply Google.

However I've come unstuck and can't find any decent examples.

There's so many knowledgeable folk on here.

Can anyone think of some decent choices?

Nigel Reo-Coker. Captained Wimbledon as a teenager and also West Ham when he was 20/21....and even Villa aged 24.

Robbie Keane could of been about 23 to 24 when he became the Ireland football team captain. Correct me if I am wrong but at that time he could of been the Spurs captain aswell.

Also I think Wio Ferdinand was captain of Leeds back when David O Leary was boss back in 2000 I think. I remember at the time he was the youngest captain in the league.

I'm pretty sure Sergio Ramos has captained real madrid. Also I know Casillas was in the Mardid team as a teenager and I would imagine he captained them pretty early.

And another one, although not 100% sure. I vaguely remember Torres captaining Athletico at a very early age

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.