Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wH7KUty8EjA[/youtube]

A whole load of Blue Mooners who didnt have tickets went to the Waldorf pub in Piccadilly. As you can see from the clip above we celebrated like lunatics.

Edit: Hmm wont let me put link up for some reason.

Sat down in block 111 for most of the 2-1 scoreline, my 14 year old son was with me, begging to leave, I just sat down with my head in my hands and kept telling him we were staying till the end no matter what happens.

It sounds dumb now but I didn't give up, inside I felt that we were going to win, even when 90 mins ticked by I didn't falter, I knew we were going to win.

Sergio scored and those of you who were there will know what happened, the lad in front of us got his mouth all busted up from his brother's flailing arm, or head, the guy next to him sat on his pie, then tried to stand on his seat and stood in it and fell over, proper.

It was fucking nuts, it's Wednesday night and I'm still sat here searching for clips and photos, I've never experienced anything like that 5 minutes in my life and I doubt I ever will again.

UUBlue said:
I had Radio 5 Live on at home. I couldn't watch a stream - too nervous. I was pacing up and down the house, and doing jobs to keep myself occupied whilst listening.

When Zaba scored, some tension left me and I felt less nervous for the first time on Sunday. Second half starts, they score, and I felt OK as we still had 40 minutes to go. I told myself we had only one slip up in the league at home, and we were too determined to make that two.

My youngest went to his room to console himself, and my wife took my oldest son to his friend's house, where he ended up watching a stream. At 1-2, I was absolutely gutted, but there was still time for us to get two goals, so I did not lose faith. My main thought was of Sergio getting that last minute winner at home against Villarreal. As time passed, my wife, who had returned was preparing me for disappointment. At 90 minutes, I was thinking of all the United fans I had wound up last week at work, and having to face the music on Monday.

When Dzeko scored, I was please that our unbeaten home record would be preserved, but I didn't expect a winner. United's game finished, Danny Mills commentating seemed to be relishing our last day demise, then the commentator started to describe the build up to Sergio's goal. Yes, could it be. Balo... Come on City. Sergio... GOAL!!!

I went absolutely mental, shouting and cheering at the top of my voice, jumping around the house. The misses was pleased. My son came down to see what was happening. He thought it was 2-2 as I hadn't cheered for the Dzeko goal. He joined in the celebration and we jumped around until a minute later, and the game ended.

We all watched Final Score, and the presentation, deliriously happy, and in a state of shock. We all watched Match of the Day, still hardly believing what had happened. What a day.

Earlier on, our friend at church said he had prayed for a City win. We asked how that would help as United fans would pray for them to win. Maybe God answered his prayer, but made us all suffer the worst suffering imaginable before the glorious finale.

This. At 2-1 the family had wisely moved to another room, I didn't cheer for the equaliser, but went mental for Kun's goal, they all ran in expecting 2-2, to find me kneeling on the floor crying!

At 1-2 stood in the south stand, my wife has since informed me that I looked so dejected she worried that I would never get over it! At 2-2 I turned to my wife and said "typical city we need two so they get one just to get us going" (sorry). The next thing I remember is that a big fucking stage is being erected in the centre circle! I thought what the fuck is that for! To summarise, I have no recollection of the most important goal in city's history! And I call myself a blue!

I was at a pub in Boston, Massachusetts, watching with about 15 or so other Blues (pretty even split between Americans and British expats; I'm an American, myself). There were a number of Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton, etc. fans in there as well, along with a couple of rags.

Anyway, when QPR got their second goal, this one guy who I'm assuming was a United fan (wasn't wearing colors) goes absolutely insane, having a half-seizure in front of the TV. There was also some other random (and rather large) dude who I overheard say he was just there to "laugh at the City fans." Of course, we're not a bunch to feed the trolls and were also supremely unconcerned as we were utterly gutted at being down 2-1.

Dzeko scores, a little cheering, we stand and watch with renewed interest. When Aguero's goal went in, we absolutely brought the house down. There were far more City fans in there than fans of any other side; we were running around not knowing what to do with ourselves, jumping on top of chairs, hugging each other even though some of us had only met that day. The scene in that bar wasn't far off from what it looked like in the stands at Eastlands. When the dust cleared a bit, the rags/trolls had mysteriously vanished...I didn't even see them leave!

We ended up singing and posing for photos outside; the locals passing on the street looked on with a fair bit of interest! Got some congratulations from the Magpies fans as well.

The other teams I follow here in the States have had a habit of winning dramatic titles; fitting that City would continue that trend. When that goal went in, even though I haven't been supporting City for a huge amount of time, I felt like a great weight had been lifted. I knew that our prospects were grim after Mackie scored, but as much as we were pressing the goal, I felt that we were never completely out of it. Absolutely incredible. Been wearing my City gear around Boston all week!

At 2-1 I turned to the Mrs and said thats it they've done the hard bit and thrown it away. I've got a tenner on QPR to win and am £200 up (inusrance) and I feel like shit. Inconsolable then Dzeko levels and the Mrs jumps up with delight and i'm screaming its too little too late they need to win you daft cow!!
To add to my misery I havent backed QPR for the draw so even my £200 has gone up in smoke!! Then it happens , Aguero makes it 3-2 and I'm jumping round the room like a lunatic. The Mrs is going mad the dog freaks out and bites me and i'm bawling like a 3 year old. I've followed City since the 70's when I was a junior season ticket holder in the Kippax and thats as close as they've come to killing me !!!

Had to fly to Spain for work at 6:30 am on Monday (which was not fun) so hence dealyed posting but I was sat in the family stand with my 3 kids, head in my hands cursing at how they could do this to me again. I really couldn't take it and was reduced to having my 6 year-old try and cheer me up. I read a post recently about how one fan's reaction to Horlock at Wembley was anger that they could make it even worse by intrododucing a sliver of hope and that's pretty much how I felt about Dzeko's. As for Aguero's - 44 years of emotion let out in one primal scream. I didn't keep the faith, I admit it, but I was rewarded never the less and I will never doubt them again (... until next season!)

Lucky Toma said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wH7KUty8EjA[/youtube]

A whole load of Blue Mooners who didnt have tickets went to the Waldorf pub in Piccadilly. As you can see from the clip above we celebrated like lunatics.

Edit: Hmm wont let me put link up for some reason.

Try again LT, i may spot meself on it and get some insight into what i was actaly doing.

Dammit! Can any tech boffins sort this out? Might be the way its embedded but the guy who did the filming has put it up elsewhere on here so it is possible.

Was top meeting you Stoner mate. Were so many BMers in that place I reckon it deserves a thread of its own.

Turnnnnnnn the fucking volume up! Haaa I was crammed in the waldorf and it was class, the last 5 minutes feels like a blur, im not gunna lie I gave up hope at 80minutes, I was screaming at Zab about them floated crosses and nasri for letting that ball run out jus summed it up for me, Some blues were singing blue moon and city till I die whle i was too busy removing the lump from my throat! When that Dzeko goal went in there was mixed reactions some blues were pissed off at the fact it was too late but some other blues still believed! Wowwww all I can say is iv never felt a roller coaster of emotions when that 3rd goal went in, I was jumping up and down smashing the roof whilst another blue who I stood next to was flooding in tears! One of the best days of my life

McfcOK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.