Your Favourite(Favorite for the Yanks!) Horror Film?

Hmm i big on horror films myself i dont know if i've got an all time number one though anyway heres a list for you :-

Night of the living dead 1968 & 1990 remake were both class
Dawn of the dead 1978 & 2004
28 days latter
Dog soldiers (this film is pure class if you havn't seen it)
Entity
Lost boys
Pet cemetry
Christine
Cujo
IT
Thing (actually i think thats my number one)
Thir13en Ghosts
Ghost ship
The hills have eyes 1 & 2 (the new ones)
Freddy v Jason
Wolf creek
Rogue (form the same people that made wolf creek excellent film)
The grudge
The blob 1988
Lepracorn
Critters (i loved these as a kid)

The Blue Knight said:
I think my all time favourite is probably Alien.

In recent years though The Descent scared the shit out of me.

Loved Amityville. Was it all meant to have been uncovered as untrue though? Is the original house still standing? Heard kids used to break in as a dare at night. True story, or not, I sodding wouldn't.

shadygiz said:
Bigga said:
Doesn't matter whether it's action, psychological or any other genre, what's your particular favourite?

For me, as a psychological film, I've ready stated many times about Cronenberg's "The Fly" being my bag, however I realised that probably my other film is Clive Barker's "Night Breed".

I really like the idea behind it, at the time and wouldn't mind seeing it re-made, now the SFX/ CGI technology has improved massively, actually.

the one where it starts off in an hospital with a guy ripping the flesh off his face....i know the film i'm talking about is a cronenburg film but cant remember which one...is scared the shit outa me

apart from that its gotta be hellbound hellraiser for me

nightbreed i think you are on about and cronenberg was the main bad guy in it, class film one of my fave horrors.another one of my faves is darkness falls

Im a right wimp with scary films but I recall trying to watch The Omen when I was about 14 but as soon as the music started it frightened the life out of me. I actually got through watching it a few months ago with my daughter (the scarier the better for her) and it wasn't too bad, but for me the worst is Carrie. Spent most of the film with my eyes covered ha ha I jump if someone says boo !! Seen Psycho a few times but I still jump at the shower scene even though I know it's going to happen !! Useless !!

Glenda MCFC said:
Im a right wimp with scary films but I recall trying to watch The Omen when I was about 14 but as soon as the music started it frightened the life out of me. I actually got through watching it a few months ago with my daughter (the scarier the better for her) and it wasn't too bad, but for me the worst is Carrie. Spent most of the film with my eyes covered ha ha I jump if someone says boo !! Seen Psycho a few times but I still jump at the shower scene even though I know it's going to happen !! Useless !!

I know where your coming from. I saw the first nightmare on elm street at the age of 12 and everytime i watch it now i still feel the way i did then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.