You're the weakest link...goodbye

Given the pile-on I was subjected to for having the nerve to call into question the OP's initial comment, it caused me to wonder what other long held grudges BM posters might have been bearing for the last 20 plus years. Other than those against the obvious teams playing in red of course!
I'll go first. Everton fans for routinely and repeatedly chanting "You've never won fuck all" whenever they played us prior to our recent success. I could perhaps forgive them for simply being thick as pig shit but for the fact that they're also generally arrogant pricks who believe they have some divine right to win trophies. I hate them almost as much as their feral cousins across Stanley Park.

Given the pile-on I was subjected to for having the nerve to call into question the OP's initial comment, it caused me to wonder what other long held grudges BM posters might have been bearing for the last 20 plus years. Other than those against the obvious teams playing in red of course!
I'll go first. Everton fans for routinely and repeatedly chanting "You've never won fuck all" whenever they played us prior to our recent success. I could perhaps forgive them for simply being thick as pig shit but for the fact that they're also generally arrogant pricks who believe they have some divine right to win trophies. I hate them almost as much as their feral cousins across Stanley Park.
Without wishing to be contrary that's not my experience of Everton fans at all. Have come across some who are gobshites and/or thugs (like any other club including ours), but never as you describe. My Evertonian mates certainly aren't arrogant orr entitled, neither are any others that I've met.

Lol Ipswich Town, probably the least offensive fans in England. That banner was probably master minded by a guy who has just figured out spuds can sprout into more spuds and has been working on it for 3 decades. I think your lot have bigger fish to fry than them!!

They may well be in the premier league next season. I wouldn't mind seeing them back up

Without wishing to be contrary that's not my experience of Everton fans at all. Have come across some who are gobshites and/or thugs (like any other club including ours), but never as you describe. My Evertonian mates certainly aren't arrogant orr entitled, neither are any others that I've met.
That was precisely my point! You are being contrary and that's absolutely fine but my post wasn't asking for a debate.
I was simply asking other posters for their own personal long held grievance. Hence, my comment "I'll go first".
Oh well.

If fairness Ipswich fans were probably still bitter at the SF loss in 81 just as a lot of us hate spurs for the final the same year
Look at some of the people holding the banner - they weren’t even born when we knocked them out of the FA Cup in 1981 so that’s no excuse whatsoever.

It’s beyond me why Ipswich fans did that. There’s been next to no rivalry between the 2 clubs down the years. We were competing with them for promotion the season before and pipped them to the automatic spot on the final day but they still went up via the play-offs anyway so it was irrelevant. I actually had a lot of time for their team that season we both went up. For me, even though we and Charlton finished above them, Burley had Ipswich playing the best football in the division. The night match at Maine Road when we won 1-0 was one of the most one-sided games I’ve ever seen in favour of a losing team, even more one-sided than when we won at Charlton a few weeks later. How we won it I’ll never know - they absolutely battered us, and our goal came totally against the run of play. The last 10-15 minutes was like the Alamo and Weaver made some unreal saves.

They carried on that form into the following season, finishing 5th in the PL while we went straight back down. Thankfully, that banner proved to be the kiss of death as they went to shit the following season (and over 20 years on are yet to return to the top flight), getting relegated while we went back up in a blaze of glory under Keegan and twatted them 4-1 in that cup game.

No fucking way. I watched this game in a bar in Corfu and they fucking revelled in our misery. Second only to the swamp banner.

View attachment 96309
I was at the game… cunts
They took a dislike to us because they accused us of celebrating promotion on that Friday night we beat Brum 1-0.

Last edited:
I was at the game… cunts
They took a dislike to us because they accused us of celebrating promotion on that Friday night we beat Brum 1-0.

Yes there was some needle carried over from the season before when we beat them to automatic promotion. Fucking tractor boys we are no longer the weakest link eh?

Lol Ipswich Town, probably the least offensive fans in England. That banner was probably master minded by a guy who has just figured out spuds can sprout into more spuds and has been working on it for 3 decades. I think your lot have bigger fish to fry than them!!

They may well be in the premier league next season. I wouldn't mind seeing them back up

They didn't write the banner about your club did they so your pov is irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.