Youth or Success

I think that was actually the case re Pogba but I was meaning that it's quite common in football to hear about coaches disagreeing on the merits of players, actually players in general, not just young players, & you hear literally every club's ex managers, players etc talk about players they thought would or wouldn't make it & how they turned out to be horribly, spectacularly wrong at times.

For some reason quite a few people on here have developed the idea that if we release a player we are automatically right & that all the coaches are certain to be in agreement about it.

I very much doubt they all agree on Lopes for a start.

Human error will always be part of the game coaches, scouts & managers are not exempt from errors on players etc even if they were are all in agreement (which I also doubt) and Lopes goes onto be a star I will still think the club made the right call in his sale only because of his refusal to sign a new contract.

... The answer to the original thread is both..the challenge is to get good enough kids and establish good routes of experience for them to go on...indications look promising to me

we won't win any games with youth players !! they dont add anything and if they play we will lose. ( usual reply from the same negative posters on here hahahahahaha )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.