Youth Scouts / Agents

Id be surprised if even 1/4 of those are agents or scouts. Not a chance City are going to allow a touchline full of non-club staff.

Id be surprised if even 1/4 of those are agents or scouts. Not a chance City are going to allow a touchline full of non-club staff.
That’s 100% correct, scouts and agents request passes for access and are allowed access. Stand opposite side of pitch away from parents and even get own lounge to make a brew. You have to remember the club don’t just develop players for Man City, they develop boys for careers in the game at all levels and so always allow access for scouts.

That’s 100% correct, scouts and agents request passes for access and are allowed access. Stand opposite side of pitch away from parents and even get own lounge to make a brew. You have to remember the club don’t just develop players for Man City, they develop boys for careers in the game at all levels and so always allow access for scouts.
Did you not contradict yourself there?

Scouts I guess there is just a mutual agreement that teams can scout each other but still seems odd.

The clubs priority is to develop players for City, not for other agents and scouts to start meddling with our lads and try to tempt them away. What do we gain from that.

Scouts I guess there is just a mutual agreement that teams can scout each other but still seems odd.

The clubs priority is to develop players for City, not for other agents and scouts to start meddling with our lads and try to tempt them away. What do we gain from that.

"The clubs priority is to develop players for City", there's far too many players in the youth system for that to be remotely true. Most will find a career elsewhere and the scouts and agents have to see them in action.

The cream will rise to the top and have a shot here but that's a very small minority.

"The clubs priority is to develop players for City", there's far too many players in the youth system for that to be remotely true. Most will find a career elsewhere and the scouts and agents have to see them in action.

The cream will rise to the top and have a shot here but that's a very small minority.

Even going back a few years, when the likes of Tripper and Mee go on to have long careers at other top flight clubs, this is great for our youth system.

Also, part of getting top young players to join us is that we will care for them and for their futures, so if that future has to be away from City (as most will be) then we need to do right by them and help them get a good opportunity elsewhere.

Even going back a few years, when the likes of Tripper and Mee go on to have long careers at other top flight clubs, this is great for our youth system.

Also, part of getting top young players to join us is that we will care for them and for their futures, so if that future has to be away from City (as most will be) then we need to do right by them and help them get a good opportunity elsewhere.
What has the number of players got to do with anything?
The academy is there to develop players for the first team, if that isn't possible then the next option is to give them a platform to perform so other teams want to buy them.

The club doesn't exist for scouts and agents to have a free day out to poach our players.

I concede that there is an argument for scouts to be at games, I am sure our very own scouts scout opposition players also but agents I don't believe.

Never mind all of the regulations around how players are represented, what does City get from having an agent stood on the sideline and trying to tempt away our talented players because he claims he can get them a better deal elsewhere.

It all happens behind closed doors anyway but there is no chance City encourage agents to be on the sidelines and give them the chance to publicly court our players.

What has the number of players got to do with anything?
The academy is there to develop players for the first team, if that isn't possible then the next option is to give them a platform to perform so other teams want to buy them.

The club doesn't exist for scouts and agents to have a free day out to poach our players.

I concede that there is an argument for scouts to be at games, I am sure our very own scouts scout opposition players also but agents I don't believe.

Never mind all of the regulations around how players are represented, what does City get from having an agent stood on the sideline and trying to tempt away our talented players because he claims he can get them a better deal elsewhere.

It all happens behind closed doors anyway but there is no chance City encourage agents to be on the sidelines and give them the chance to publicly court our players.
You make it sound like they call a timeout with the ref so they can talk about terms with the players.

It's not just scouts that will find a new club for players, the agents will also have contacts. There's a definite overlap between the two at that level.

"the next option is to give them a platform to perform so other teams want to buy them", isn't that what City are doing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.