Youth Scouts / Agents

Scouts I guess there is just a mutual agreement that teams can scout each other but still seems odd.

The clubs priority is to develop players for City, not for other agents and scouts to start meddling with our lads and try to tempt them away. What do we gain from that.
The club's priority is to develop players for City, the academy's priority is to develop the players in the academy.

Did I? English never my strong point
You agree with me I think though that scouts and agents are welcomed by the club.

First team players are a priority, but it’s a player trading game and £40m+ in academy sales last season I guess justifies it.

It’s becoming a very slickly run and profitable academy and scouts and agents are the customers I guess

Scouts I guess there is just a mutual agreement that teams can scout each other but still seems odd.

The clubs priority is to develop players for City, not for other agents and scouts to start meddling with our lads and try to tempt them away. What do we gain from that.
A lot of money? Academy sales pretty much paid Haaland signing fee last season I read

A lot of money? Academy sales pretty much paid Haaland signing fee last season I read
The players we sold were the stars of our academy and left on our terms. The lads in that video look like u18 and below, we arent getting paid millions for those players.

Agents will be trying to get them to sign professional contracts elsewhere, where we get paid noult in comparison except a bit of a "development fee".

The players we sold were the stars of our academy and left on our terms. The lads in that video look like u18 and below, we arent getting paid millions for those players.

Agents will be trying to get them to sign professional contracts elsewhere, where we get paid noult in comparison except a bit of a "development fee".
Those development fees can add up and if we aren't getting in first and making sure they stay here then they're probably not likely to make it at EDS level, never mind the senior team. We'll have plenty of those players and if we can facilitate them finding a good move elsewhere and building a career in football we should do so.

The bottom line is the success of an academy is judged differently by fans to people in the game. For fans it's the first team or sales and not much weight given to anything else.

But for those in the game its all about developing young players so they go on to have good careers. Which ultimate club is not that important. Academy's recruit via their reputations and retain players based on performance all judged by the holistic view of do they deliver for the young players.

Allowing agents and scouts in is all part of the latter and all clubs do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.