Zab or Micah?

Quite simple really. If the opposing team have wingers, then Micah. If not then Zab. Micah is more reliable in terms of positioning and can still go forward. Zab can also go forward but also seems to enjoy covering the CB if the likes of Nasty go out of position

We have the two best right backs in the league - I wouldn't like to label either 'first choice' as both offer different qualities and whoever starts between them should depend on the opposition.

BlueMoon_1987 said:
We have the two best right backs in the league - I wouldn't like to label either 'first choice' as both offer different qualities and whoever starts between them should depend on the opposition.
Agreed. The full-back might not need to do as much wing play as last season though. I can see them hanging back more.

6one said:
Last year maicon got stick for the Real Madrid performance, but Ronaldo still hadn't scored from his side. As soon as Zabaleta came on, he let Ronaldo come inside, shoot and score.
Don't want to specifically point out players to blame, or form some sort of "Zaba-hate brigade". However, as much as I love Zaba, he do at times play blinders.

Should I put on my tin-hat?

This may be considered sacrilegious but I think Zabaleta is overrated. He's got a great attitude and has improved but he still isn't anything special going forward. Also, he is easier to beat in a 1 on 1 then Micah.

Love Zaba, but there were games last year where Micah's absence was a big problem, mainly going forward. He terrifies opponents when he charges forward. The 6-1 was a case in point. Love them both.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Zabaleta is a warrior. The best right back in the league last year. Fantastic commitment, defensively and going forward.

How can some people say overrated? Did you not watch our full season? I'm not going to say who's better or who I'd choose to start, it's a tough choice and like others have said will be based on opposition.

But Zab overrated? I'm not having that.

SamCity123 said:
Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Zabaleta is a warrior. The best right back in the league last year. Fantastic commitment, defensively and going forward.

How can some people say overrated? Did you not watch our full season? I'm not going to say who's better or who I'd choose to start, it's a tough choice and like others have said will be based on opposition.

But Zab overrated? I'm not having that.

The warrior that got sent off in an FA Cup Final.

Great question. Ive been thinking about this for 10 mins now and I dont know if I could choose one or the other. I agree its a circumstantial thing depending on the opponent. Ribery made Zaba look pedestrian, while Micah looked great going forward against Milan. Zaba was named the player of the year and the top RB in the premier league, not playing him seems crazy. I think this is a great problem to have, hopefully Micah can stay healthy and Pelle can get a nice 2-man rotation going.

To play devil's advocate on them rotating: Would Zaba have had such an amazing season last year if he wasn't able to play in (almost) every match and get in the groove?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.