Zackarias Faour

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by ColinLee, 11 Dec 2014.

1. ColinLee

ColinLee

Copied from the OS partly because someone thought that grey text on a dark grey/blue background was a good idea...
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/December/Academy-interview-Zackarias-Faour

2. mcfcdaytona

mcfcdaytona

Very underwhelmed with this lad so far. Not sure how the scouting reports read because we've not seen anything yet - not even glimpses.

3. ColinLee

ColinLee

How can you be "underwhelmed" when you admit you've not seen a single quote or video clip of him?

He was only 15 when he signed and he played in the Al SomethingOrOther competition in the middle east just days after joining us. He looked very accomplished playing against older sides. Due to his age you're not going to see much of him until he's playing regularly in the U18's.

4. mcfcdaytona

mcfcdaytona

When I said we've not seen anything of him - it means that the reports from the scouts he's clearly not living up to those and not giving us the slightest glimpses of real quality - and if he was this great Ibrahimovic prodigy then why has he not played above his age group for the Swedish youth teams - I mean Norway had a 15 year old in their 1st team and Sweden is hardly much better than the Norwegians

5. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

The little I saw of him in that tournament just after we got him was promising and I don't think there is any doubt he is a talented footballer but it seems to me he hasn't hit the ground really firing and has found our football quite difficult and probably settling a new country difficult as well.

I don't think we should be writing him off at all but give him time to settle and hopefully watch him develop. Seems also that he has come with a striker reputation but imo he is much more of a midfield player than striker but again that's from seeing very little of him. He just doesn't seem to have the physical abilities for a striker or more importantly the attitude of a striker.

Can't wait to see more of him though but Garcia is the one who really excites me.

6. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Do you realise how utterly fucking ridiculous that post actually is ?

7. mcfcdaytona

mcfcdaytona

No sorry I do not - could you enlighten the forum why you think my point is expletive ridiculous?

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

No sorry I do not - could you enlighten the forum why you think my point is expletive ridiculous?[/quote]

He doesn't have to enlighten anyone pal.......

9. oldius

oldius

Stating that you are underwhelmed with a player that you have not seen and about whom there seems little information, is what is ridiculous.

Had you been to watch him in a number of games and been disappointed with his performance then your statement would not be the tripe is seems.

Faour is recognised as one one of the leading young players in world football and has scored a significant number of goals at every level he had played.

10. abellwillring

abellwillring

Doesn't look like he has his own dedicated thread (maybe a mod could make this it?), but he scored an absolute stunner vs Blackburn the other day. Capped this from the highlights the club put up on Youtube.