Complaint to BBC regarding Pete the Badge

While we're at it, has anyone noticed that we're never in the gossip column on the BBC unless it's about someone being unhappy or leaving?
Yeah, I've noticed. They seem to have left us alone the last few days though. The city page on their website was updated 3 days ago.

This little gem from the BBC report on their half year results:
The BBC is even advertising on their behalf. I feel another complaint coming on.

Can you send me link for complaints again pls

I received a fairly lame reply from the previous issue, heads must role for the offence caused to Pete, don't stop until we stop this blatant abuse and United bias!!

"The picture you refer to was used after it had been filed by a national picture agency, captioned “Bertie”, and was used in good faith and in a congratulatory way to celebrate the fan’s dedication to Manchester City. None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans – and other City fans also shared the post and mirrored our congratulatory tone.

However, as it was never our intention to cause offence, we have now removed this post for the avoidance of doubt. We are proud of our inclusive and celebratory approach to social media and work hard to ensure we are balanced across the sporting spectrum at all times.

We’re sorry you’ve had cause for concern
."

Can you send me link for complaints again pls

I received a fairly lame reply from the previous issue, heads must role for the offence caused to Pete, don't stop until we stop this blatant abuse and United bias!!

"The picture you refer to was used after it had been filed by a national picture agency, captioned “Bertie”, and was used in good faith and in a congratulatory way to celebrate the fan’s dedication to Manchester City. None of the team on the BBC Sport website were aware of “Bertie” as being a derogatory term to describe City fans – and other City fans also shared the post and mirrored our congratulatory tone.

However, as it was never our intention to cause offence, we have now removed this post for the avoidance of doubt. We are proud of our inclusive and celebratory approach to social media and work hard to ensure we are balanced across the sporting spectrum at all times.

We’re sorry you’ve had cause for concern
."

Is that the response?
My immediate thought is that it is quite possible that the agency have a utd fan who'd tagged it "Bertie" in the agency archives, and it got taken on. There's no way to disprove that.
It's equally possible that it's some prat at Salford Towers who thought it was funny to write the caption.

The absolute most you'd expect is what they've done - apologise and remove. In no right thinking world should something like that involve anything more that we hear about - if it's a BBC employee doing it, that's for them to deal with in house.

Just received the standard bullshit response to the complaint I made. Twats.

Is that the response?
My immediate thought is that it is quite possible that the agency have a utd fan who'd tagged it "Bertie" in the agency archives, and it got taken on. There's no way to disprove that.
It's equally possible that it's some prat at Salford Towers who thought it was funny to write the caption.

The absolute most you'd expect is what they've done - apologise and remove. In no right thinking world should something like that involve anything more that we hear about - if it's a BBC employee doing it, that's for them to deal with in house.
I've been told by a reliable source it is almost undoubtedly a BBC employee and they are supposedly dealing with it quite seriously. This is why this pathetic pack of lies from them is making me even madder. I don't need to know the name of the person or persons involved but I do want to know that they have done something and I certainly don't want to be lied to.

I've been told by a reliable source it is almost undoubtedly a BBC employee and they are supposedly dealing with it quite seriously. This is why this pathetic pack of lies from them is making me even madder. I don't need to know the name of the person or persons involved but I do want to know that they have done something and I certainly don't want to be lied to.

I agree with that view - I assume it is an internal angry man posting it rather than the agency.
And yes - it gets towards cover-ups are worse than admitting fault.

For 'almost undoubtedly' read 100% for certain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.