"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

Has this only just become apparent to them now?

This elitism started in 1992! Below is an extract of text from Wikipedia on the Premier League (apologies if any copyrights are infringed!):

"The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from the Football League, which was founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal"

True, but it wasn't a breakaway in the true sense of the word because there's still promotion from and relegation to the Football League meaning FL teams can still get access to the PL cash cow if they get promoted.

Good article in The Times today by Oliver Kay:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...n?shareToken=aeec767b346a4e3107d5611210253bbd

Even though we're obviously one of the aforementioned six, I agree with the sentiment. If the overseas TV deal was renegotiated in favour of the bigger clubs it would be hugely detrimental to the Premier League as a competition.

Dear other 14 clubs,

Try and learn your lessons from the FFPR fiasco and don't fucking vote in what the rags and dippers tell you to then.

Kind Regards,
Common Sense.

Has this only just become apparent to them now?

This elitism started in 1992! Below is an extract of text from Wikipedia on the Premier League (apologies if any copyrights are infringed!):

"The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from the Football League, which was founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal"
It actually started 10 years earlier when the same five clubs who were behind the PL used the threat of a breakaway to end the arrangement whereby 25% of the gate money (which was by far the bulk of a club's income) was given to the visiting team. Not many realise how significant this change was but I think Villa were the last team to win the title under the old arrangement.

After that it was rarely won by a team outside the cartel of the rags, dippers, Everton & Arsenal. Spurs were the other club in the cartel but they never managed to win it. Only five other teams have won the title since then and, of those, Blackburn, Chelsea and us did it thanks to huge cash injections. Leeds & Leicester are the only clubs to bucked the trend in 35 years. Of those original five greedy clubs, four are still trying to call the same shots.

If these bellends hadn't signed up to the ludicrously biased and unfair FFP then they too could have had the opportunity to join us and Chelsea. In their naive, rag-induced jealousy, in a bid to stop us they didn't think it through, signing their own death warrants to forever preclude their own clubs from getting on the gravy train. Fuck them all, stupid small time wankers.

Everton, Southampton, West Ham, all of them, no reason they couldn't have benefitted from a multi-billionaire owner too, but they preferred to try and keep the rags in an ivory tower and fight it out for a Europa League place. No bollocks, no ambition. Reaping what they sowed.

If these bellends hadn't signed up to the ludicrously biased and unfair FFP then they too could have had the opportunity to join us and Chelsea. In their naive, rag-induced jealousy, in a bid to stop us they didn't think it through, signing their own death warrants to forever preclude their own clubs from getting on the gravy train. Fuck them all, stupid small time wankers.

Everton, Southampton, West Ham, all of them, no reason they couldn't have benefitted from a multi-billionaire owner too, but they preferred to try and keep the rags in an ivory tower and fight it out for a Europa League place. No bollocks, no ambition. Reaping what they sowed.

Correct.

I was talking about this with an Everton's fan a while ago and he just couldn't get it.

"It's wrong what city have been allowed to do"
"Why?"
"Cos it's unfair. You haven't earned that money. You should develop your own players and progress that way"
"What, like SWP? You mean. Or Southampton?"
"Yeah."
"We had to sell SWP as he had his head turned by Chelsea, and we needed the money and Southampton sell their best young players every season"

And round and round it went.

Fuck them. Everton were one of the original 'big 5' and didn't give a stuff about anybody else. They just didn't know that they would be unable to turn their advantage at the time into on field success and would eventually get left behind.

And now, at best, they are a mid table side who may have an odd cup run and thanks to their, and others, myopia that's all they will ever be.

It makes me feel all warm inside.

I assume if the rags were 20th the 'big six' would become the big 20?
Sad reading. I perhaps naively thought that by smashing the old 'sky 4' up a bit we would make the league better / different. Fuck Everton though, and it pleases me to see we are outstripping a great historical club like the dippers in commercial revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.