Lee Dixon nbc comentary twitter becomes outraged

I think we're at the point of no return when it comes to folk claiming anything and everything having some sort of racist connotations attached.
I don't see it improving much either. People do love to be offended, or defend those offended or be offended on behalf of those who might/might not be offended or just a good old offended by proxy. There's plenty of offence to go around it seems.

Still not racism though.

Suggesting it is just completely dilutes the word.
Making jokes based on someones race is pretty obviously racism. It doesn't mean it's as serious as every other potential act of racism or that it's a particular big deal, life isn't that simple, everything isn't just black or white. Should he be labelled a racist, punished or bundled in with people like Ron Atkinson? Of course not. Should he make race based jokes when commentating on football? Probably not. Should anyone really give a shit? Probably not.

Unless of course we are now believing it's just an incredibly unlucky coincidence that the one time Dixon decided to do this happened to be when one of the maybe 5 asian players in the league happened to do a high tackle, in which case, that's obviously not racism it's just terrible bad luck for poor Lee. He is the real victim and he has my best wishes and support in this difficult time.

Making jokes based on someones race is pretty obviously racism. It doesn't mean it's as serious as every other potential act of racism or that it's a particular big deal, life isn't that simple, everything isn't just black or white. Should he be labelled a racist, punished or bundled in with people like Ron Atkinson? Of course not. Should he make race based jokes when commentating on football? Probably not. Should anyone really give a shit? Probably not.

Unless of course we are now believing it's just an incredibly unlucky coincidence that the one time Dixon decided to do this happened to be when one of the maybe 5 asian players in the league happened to do a high tackle, in which case, that's obviously not racism it's just terrible bad luck for poor Lee. He is the real victim and he has my best wishes and support in this difficult time.
It's. Not. Racism. You. Pillock.

Pervert.
You lucky bastard!
I put 2000 posts on here, including shagging the dead, fisting babies, shitting the bed and hating Orientals and all I get is an ' I like you' from GDM :)

To be fair GDM is a good judge of character and I'm just a ****

Genuine question, do we actually know that this is the only time Dixon has ever referenced karate when seeing a replay of high tackle? I imagine there wouldn't have been a queue of busy ****s lining up to shout "Racist" at him on Twitter if he'd ever said it about Harry Kane or Nigel De Jong, so how would we know?

And even if the scenario you're suggesting is true, it's still not racism by any accepted definition of the word. You're right that nobody should give a shit about this because there's nothing to actually give a shit about!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.