Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the orientation of that model somewhat confusing.
Its totally inverted. Flip it 180% top top to bottom and it would be correct. Probably a picture taken in a mirror. I initially though it was a mold, but why bother painting the seats if so?

Last edited:
Selling out against Monaco after also selling out part of the away section as well is as big an indicator as any that the north stand needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Seems it's going to be done for 2019 at the earliest though if they don't start it reasonably soon.

Selling out against Monaco after also selling out part of the away section as well is as big an indicator as any that the north stand needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Seems it's going to be done for 2019 at the earliest though if they don't start it reasonably soon.
I think it is Important that the club keep focus on the regular match goers who have been supporting the club for years before the money came. It was us long suffering diehards the owners acknowledged for our loyalty (at the time of buying us), not half and half scarf wearing camera clicking JCL's with no natural understanding or genuine affinity to the club. I understand we need a bigger fan base in order to expand the stadium, but the cost of attending must be kept affordable in order to expand and fill the stadium on a regular basis.

After all, If we ever fell from grace and (god forbid) got relegated, we'd still have 30k plus at home games. That's If we haven't been priced out and left the scene by then. If that happened, those JCL's will be nowhere to be seen, that's for sure!

I think it is Important that the club keep focus on the regular match goers who have been supporting the club for years before the money came. It was us long suffering diehards the owners acknowledged for our loyalty (at the time of buying us), not half and half scarf wearing camera clicking JCL's with no natural understanding or genuine affinity to the club. I understand we need a bigger fan base in order to expand the stadium, but the cost of attending must be kept affordable in order to expand and fill the stadium on a regular basis.

After all, If we ever fell from grace and (god forbid) got relegated, we'd still have 30k plus at home games. That's If we haven't been priced out and left the scene by then. If that happened, those JCL's will be nowhere to be seen, that's for sure!

funny thing is we have a huge local fan base, that with affordable tickets will come back or stay supporting us. thats the route we should be going down. we could easily sell out 60,000 without tourists. south stand level 3 is the model i hope we apply to any north stand expansion.

funny thing is we have a huge local fan base, that with affordable tickets will come back or stay supporting us. thats the route we should be going down. we could easily sell out 60,000 without tourists. south stand level 3 is the model i hope we apply to any north stand expansion.
Great point.

An enormous amount of people have been priced out of going to see football, if City can bring back reasonably priced tickets, these fans would come back in their 1000's.

I'd argue extending the stadium would lead to cheaper tickets long term. If the club want a full stadium they will reduce ticket prices to get more in (which means, if you're like me and would be going anyway you benefit). If the club sells out every game in a smaller stadium, they might think, let's push our luck and charge £30 rather than £20.

The only price we would have to pay is having a few empty seats for some games - something I genuinely couldn't care less about!!

I see Spurs sold out wembley again for a Europa League game live on TV. I'm sure 30,000 or so just turn up for the experience of a big match at Wembley.

Create a 60,000 plus ground and it creates an occasion that people want to be part of. We need to keep up with the other clubs. This is the time to build when the club is growing on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.