Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, Barker's higlights reel would be as good or better than Sancho or Diaz, at the same stage in his career. They each have different attributes where one is better than the other but Barker produced literally scores of absolutely stunning moments & some of it hasn't been bettered yet, from what I've seen.

If Diaz is still n he reseves in two years, he will probably be labelled a failure with an attitude problem on here & then shipped off to Barnsley, fat & depressed.

Sancho & Diaz are reaching that moment where hey are too good for this level but not necessarily able to play every week in a lower league team. They need help from our manager or from another manager, to help & inspire them to the next level. Something none of our previous generations has had as yet.
But that's the problem with higlight reels, yes going forward he was marvelous and made the opposition look clueless at times and was totally unplayable. However what they wont show is when he wasn't up for it and the times lost the ball his head would drop, no tracking back whatsoever. Have you ever seen Diaz lose the ball and not go hairing off to get it back? It's possible yet (he's still young) that it may click with Barker but imo it's a mental block with him that he has to get through.

Imo, Barker's higlights reel would be as good or better than Sancho or Diaz, at the same stage in his career. They each have different attributes where one is better than the other but Barker produced literally scores of absolutely stunning moments & some of it hasn't been bettered yet, from what I've seen.

If Diaz is still n he reseves in two years, he will probably be labelled a failure with an attitude problem on here & then shipped off to Barnsley, fat & depressed.

Sancho & Diaz are reaching that moment where hey are too good for this level but not necessarily able to play every week in a lower league team. They need help from our manager or from another manager, to help & inspire them to the next level. Something none of our previous generations has had as yet.
Barker is a good player who should be doing better then what he is, but he is nowhere near the level of Sancho and never will be imo

Barker is a good player who should be doing better then what he is, but he is nowhere near the level of Sancho and never will be imo
He has the potential without a doubt but he has to start looking like he enjoys playing football, Sancho always plays with a smile on his face, Barker doesn't.

But that's the problem with higlight reels, yes going forward he was marvelous and made the opposition look clueless at times and was totally unplayable. However what they wont show is when he wasn't up for it and the times lost the ball his head would drop, no tracking back whatsoever. Have you ever seen Diaz lose the ball and not go hairing off to get it back? It's possible yet (he's still young) that it may click with Barker but imo it's a mental block with him that he has to get through.

Don't agree re Barker's attitude. He worked incredibly hard.

You do watch more youth football than me so I'll accept I could be wrong on this one but I honestly thought Barker was always a bit of a one trick pony. Reminded me a lot of Adam Johnson. Who was good when he was good don't get me wrong. Just think Diaz in particular has so much more in his locker.

He better get in the first team soon, my lads shirts all have his name on the back!

Don't agree re Barker's attitude. He worked incredibly hard.

Can't say I remember too much of that in his last season here anyway.

I always liked Barker, and haven't given up on him completely because the NAC Breda lot seem to love him, but his head used to drop when things went against him. I always felt he got marginalised easily too if the other team was better, he wouldn't go looking for the action if the ball wasn't coming to him.

Never a fan of Barker, might see it differently were the age gap between he and I a bit bigger but his moody, pouting style off the pitch always pissed me off. Ended up unfollowing him just so I didn't have to look at his angry photos all the time. Never figured out what he was so annoyed about. Excellent player though.

But from what I've seen I think Brahim is better in the way he controls a ball, and his pressing, tracking back, tackling are better too.

There is no definitive answer to that,except to say,his opportunity wont come until he can prove he can show the same ability against 13/14 stone men as opposed 11/12 stone boys - its a completely different game and he needs to have patience,something his recent comments suggest he has.

Personally,i think next season we will start to see him on the bench,although it certainly wont be a problem if he isnt.
Personally I think the Swansea game earlier this season came too soon for him, he showed great attitude when he was out there but the game was just a little too quick and physical for him. Similar next season, use him in pre-season and as a sub in the early league cup games (if he is in good form for the EDS, no point bringing him in if he's not, it'll only dent his confidence) and if he looks like he's ready for the step up then start to use him in the odd game throughout the season and involve him in training with the first team more often. No need to rush things, he's still only a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.