EFL Cup final

They ride their luck and take their chances.
If that was it you would have to say well done, that's football.
BUT they got two crucial game changing decisions in their favour from the officials and that's the bit that rankles.
( brings back memories of our game vs Chelsea at the Etihad).

Last edited:
I actually don't give a **** what United do now. I am just delighted at what is happening at City and really looking forward to what's gonna happen in the next few years with our brilliant young players. I wasn't even remotely interested in watching the game.

I would have wanted us to win it but looking at our roster at the start of the season and then seeing where our priorities are I have to say it's the right call to not have had the extra games. The matches leading to the finals would be right in the mix of our poor patch and the injuries, suspensions, and players not in form. We'll give it a go next season.

I don't think we will. CL is everything now. For us it seems to be the number one priority at the cost of the others with maybe the exception of the league. I get the feeling the cups are no longer a priority at all. The line up against Boro if we get through will either confirm that or not.

Just shows now what a poor decision it was from Pep to play an under strength team in the earlier rounds
We were holders of the trophy and they were in a poor run of form, beating them would have finished them off this season.
Instead we just got an abject surrender, shrug of the shoulders and a testimonial type of match. Poor management at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.