EFL Cup final

It's not about getting a grip, it's about becoming a successful club and instilling a winning mentality.

Winning the League Cup is vital, it breeds that winning mentality to your players, and considering how shite United are, we could have embarrassed them.
Tues will have done much more to instill the winning mentality than winning the least important cup

You honestly dont think we have a winning mentality given what we have won and achieved post takeover?

I think we've massively underachieved since the takeover and I've aired this on many a thread. Two League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup isn't enough. We should be cleaning up shop, particularly last season.

We should try and win every trophy we can. No weak sides. Look at those bastards today, nobody wants them to win more than us this season. With our defence we are in no way ready to win the CL, not this season. It'd be foolish to turn down the chance to win our only realistic trophy this season. Win the FA Cup and we can trump those fuckers, finish second in the league (at worst) and go again with a better keeper and defence next season for a go at winning the title and CL.

I agree but I don't think the owners do.

We threw the league cup this year, have thrown the FA Cup the last two seasons and it seems like it's just not a priority any longer. We will see in the week and if we get through in the next round but if we do I fear a weakened team against Boro with Monaco to come. It seems to be the way now sadly. To fans a trophy is a trophy but to the owners it seems money and prestige are all that matters now whereas the rags seem to be trying desperately to keep their hordes interested by winning cups and it's probably working.

Tues will have done much more to instill the winning mentality than winning the least important cup

Yes but let's be honest we won't win the CL with the defence as open as we are. Our only realistic chance of silverware is the FA Cup, we should be going for everything.

Two decisions? Offside goal and what? Serious question... I only had 1 eye on the tv

the 2nd yellow card to that united player who looks like the guy alec baldwin plays in beetlejuice

Alec-Baldwin-in-Beetlejuice.jpg

I think we've massively underachieved since the takeover and I've aired this on many a thread. Two League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup isn't enough. We should be cleaning up shop, particularly last season.

I disagree although i will admit we could have won a bit more.

This league is so competitive now and the days of one side cleaning up are long gone, regardless of squad or resources imo.

It's not about getting a grip, it's about becoming a successful club and instilling a winning mentality.

Winning the League Cup is vital, it breeds that winning mentality to your players, and considering how shite United are, we could have embarrassed them.
Oh aye, that obvious winning mentality that we had last year when we won the joke cup that carried us for the rest of the season. Oh wait, it didn't, because it's a shit cup that no one cares about. Winning the League Cup isn't vital to anything, no one cares about it at all, except people like Maureen who like to win the easiest possible trophy to pad their resume.

Really? I think we achieved too much too soon if anything. If someone had offered me 6 trophies with the chance of more this season, in 9 years in 2008, I would have snapped their hands off. We have made mistakes I'll give you that but overall I think most fans would be happy with what we have achieved from a standing start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.