Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ironic cheering is not welcomed by the player and team and serves to piss off the manager and coaches. Pep has enough on his plate dealing with media shit stirrers regarding goalkeeper, Aquero etc.
Let's not become Rag and Tarquin boo boys.
We are City.
We should stay together and always get behind the players in the stadium.

disgusting treatment - yes he could have save that, but don't see anyone slagging Fernandinho or Clichy who were to blame in the build up to their goal.

Thought his distribution and calmness when he had the ball at his feet was exceptional

I posted earlier in the thread that I thought this was the best I'd seen from a goalkeeper at The Etihad. He played it very coolly, heart-stopping at times, and when he was forced to kick he seemed to have a sand wedge strapped to his boot. I thought Ferny had a poorish game, and KdB's passing radar needed to go in to have his computer software updated, but because of the one mistake everything else is forgotten for a goalkeeper.

I posted earlier in the thread that I thought this was the best I'd seen from a goalkeeper at The Etihad. He played it very coolly, heart-stopping at times, and when he was forced to kick he seemed to have a sand wedge strapped to his boot. I thought Ferny had a poorish game, and KdB's passing radar needed to go in to have his computer software updated, but because of the one mistake everything else is forgotten for a goalkeeper.

Well said. Bravo's passing was exceptional, the best I have seen from a goalkeeper.

The sarcastic jeers last night were a disgrace. Sadly we've got some absolute tools who follow our club these days.

Thought his distribution was excellent last night, but he was really poor again for their goal. He's too big a liability to be played in the more important games, sadly.

And you didn't want Caballero lining up for us at Wembley 12 months ago either, did you?

I'm happy to admit I was one of those that didn't want him lining up in the cup final last season but obviously I got behind him as soon as it was confirmed and I was so impressed by the strength of character he showed on that day.

Regarding whether Bravo should play in a potential FA cup final this season, I think it's a slightly different scenario. It would be very harsh on Caballero to miss out on what could possibly be our biggest game of the season having won his place on merit as our number one keeper. He played (and played well) in the earlier FA cup games so has already played a big part in the cup run and he's since displaced Bravo as our number one through a combination of his own hard work and Bravo's shortcomings. Seems counterintuitive that the by-product of becoming the number one keeper later in the season should be to miss out on what might be the only prize available to us come May and in a competition you've already contributed to.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with Bravo being brought in for Hart. It made sense to me at the time, but I've had to come to accept that for whatever reasons, his form since joining us hasn't been up to scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.