Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaba: "I know my contract expires (in the summer). I am 32, not getting any younger, so I need to make sure my decision is the correct one."

Zaba: "If I decide to stay, I will stay. If I will decide to move on, I will move on. Until then, I don’t want to talk too much about it."

Not much in it to be honest Dax but neither look convincing for next season. Zaba stepped in against Monaco.
Spot on - Sagna has had a poor season in my opinion and if you watch him closely he tends to put his teammates in trouble by passing to them when they are in tight spots - the Monaco game summed up what a leader, and how passionate Zaba is. Despite that both will be gone in the summer. Zaba should be carried off on someones shoulders and Sagna thanked quietly for a decent, if not special stay with us.

Spot on - Sagna has had a poor season in my opinion and if you watch him closely he tends to put his teammates in trouble by passing to them when they are in tight spots - the Monaco game summed up what a leader, and how passionate Zaba is. Despite that both will be gone in the summer. Zaba should be carried off on someones shoulders and Sagna thanked quietly for a decent, if not special stay with us.

Sagna's looked more assured in adapting to Pep's methods but age is against him.As you have pointed out Zaba's leadership qualities has been one of his plus points both for this season and during his time at the club and has made him one of our legends.

Last edited:
Not sure that just because a player hits 32 we should be automatically flinging them out of the departure lounge.

Sagna has been very good for us and deserves more that "quiet thanks" IMO

Not sure that just because a player hits 32 we should be automatically flinging them out of the departure lounge.

His legs have gone. He's an absolute defensive liability in Pep's system. I appreciate that he could occasionally be rolled out for a flat track game but I'd prefer we used those games for younger developing players, not players like Zaba who are at the end of their careers.

We shouldn't underestimate the role these guys could potentially play with helping youth come through. I'm really only talking about Vinny and Zaba

We shouldn't underestimate the role these guys could potentially play with helping youth come through. I'm really only talking about Vinny and Zaba

Yeah that i'd 100% go along with. If we're talking about coaching roles with the odd game thrown in during injury crisis' i'm all in. It's just the idea that our regular r/b gets injured/suspended and all we have as fall back is Zaba. Would be a bad situation IMO.

Yeah that i'd 100% go along with. If we're talking about coaching roles with the odd game thrown in during injury crisis' i'm all in. It's just the idea that our regular r/b gets injured/suspended and all we have as fall back is Zaba. Would be a bad situation IMO.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.