Monaco - Post Match thread.

Hes got an awful lot to prove that's a certainty , he's no dead cert that's for sure, and as you've pointed out his football isn't revolutionary- it's just attacking football that's relies on the quality at his disposal , getting it to pacy wingers has been going on for 40 years.

We seem to all over analyse Pep as some sort of Messiah, the table is proving otherwise , if it's about spending shit loads then is it that fucking great?

If it's the same in 3 years, probably not.

Imo its the biggest change in football quality I've ever seen at City, probably anywhere. If Sergio was the player from 3 seasons ago, we'd have buried Chelsea & still be in he Champ's Lg, in spite of any weaknesses imo.

Game changed 2nd half didn't it. What did you want him to do that could possibly have changed things

We started OK, but got rocked by the goal, and the players I felt were shocked and rocked off their game. That's natural. if you are suggesting that yaya toure should have started then that is wrong in my opinion. He uses the ball well, but one thing that Monaco have is great intensity and speed and Toure can't do the work off the ball that is required in that position.

We started okay as in not conceding until we did, and not having the ball in their half? Pretty much nonsense.

Yes we bossed that 2nd half. A couple of free-kicks were wayward. Whole 1st half City were totally overrun and in shock by the look of things

De bruyne is a quality player and we are lucky to have him. We need to be sharper up front and stronger defensively.

Sane is proving to be a fantastic addition. Sterling needs to up his game. He's been good in the Champions League, and has had a good season, but I don't think he is that confident in front of goal. Jesus looks to me like he will improve us upfront which probably means Aguero will be off in the Summer unless we play Jesus on the left, Aguero up front and Sane on the right. Aguero for me is not quite as sharp as he was so I think when Jesus is fit, he'll come in for Aguero.

We're probably sorted up front, but it's the defensive midfield, central defence and full backs that need sorting

This.

Gutless in the first half, a lot better in the second but overall we didn't do enough on the night. Very frustrating.
I couldn't see a way back at half time, but it totally changed. It was very frustrating to lose from a game that we were bossing.

But that has been the story of our season.

1) We don't score enough from the chances we create
2) Defensively as a team we are weak.

Fair point, I think Pep knows how woeful some of our defenders are and tries to outscore the opposition. Stones looked decent tonight and I felt sorry for him trying to stop their second goal - he made three challenges whilst others stood and watched and where was Sagna? Playing the entire attack onside in the left back position. First order of business must be replacing both fullbacks and Vinny who sadly is probably finished.

I don't think it's down to individuals so much but the system. At least 2 goals that Monaco scored came from mistakes from the GK playing out from the back.

Find it ridiculous that our "fans" are turning on KDB. They obviously missed him playing deeper in the sweeper role 2nd half, that lead to us dominating.

Lack of fight maybe but he's still created more chances that any player in the top 5 leagues.

Im certainly not turning on him...the guy si a fantastic player but he was awful tonight along with others but he was the worst of the lot.....lack of fight isn't about creating chances but his passing was awful, he looked half a yard of the pace and their midfield were running around him like he wasn't there. I know he is getting use to the new demands that Pep is placing upon him (he has said it himself) but his performances have been way off for a lot of the season.....he has had some good moments but a lot of average ones as well which for someone with such high standards unfortunately stand out.......

think he needs a rest (ala sergio) to give him a bit of his fight back

I'm sure a player of his experience should be able to bounce back from being asked to play a few games out of position.

I did think he was tactically flexible and experienced but I am proven wrong. He does look out of sorts, although Pep has praised him he has struggled to fully adapt.

I agree with bluejay16. Pep was very arrogant today. He seems to be more concerned with the world / media's perception of him and his reputation as an attacking manager rather than what's best for the team.

With the players we have. It would have been suicide to just try and defend.
Problem is , no one saw the car crash performance, from everyone in the 1st half.

With a two goal lead we have the perfect players in Sane and Sterling in playing fast counter attacking football away from home especially in Europe and especially when we have a lead.

Silva and Kev shouldn't play together in those circumstances. I'd question whether either of them should actually start. Put Yaya and Fernando in for those two and do you see us two down within half an hour?

Completely agree. I'd even had considered Delph cos of his engine and pace. 4-1-4-1 tonight, with Dinho as the holding 1 was a mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.