Monaco - Post Match thread.

Yaya is too slow nowadays to have started this game, however he should have been on after an hour when it was obvious Monaco had ran out of steam.

I know his ball set up the goal, but Kev was like a sunday league player today, fucking abysmal.

Thought Sergio tried his best, just didn't fall for him.

Can't wait for new full backs!
We have been waiting for them for the last four years, but no one at City seems to know that, because all we get are attackers, midfielders or cental defenders, so the poor performances at critical times still go on.

Awful first half from us but it summed it up for me with that stupid fucking wall for the freekick, we DO NOT work on defensive tactics, it's just hit and miss and a pure gamble every game we play, a lot of that is on Pep tonight. We only had to go there tonight and not concede. Pellegrini was hounded for being a 1 trick pony yet this guy gets a very easy ride for me, yes it isn't his team but it is no excuse to not adapt the tactics once in a while. All of the best managers do it.
Post-takeover I reckon only Mancini has ever done that but it's very difficult to prosper at the very top without a sound defensive strategy.

We've went backwards from last season though.

Although there have only been glimpses this season, we do look a better team. With better full-backs will help the team more, and an extra attacking midfielder to put pressure on de Bruyne would be welcomed.

I agree to a point but it won't be this team that grow as half the shite will be gone. Defence not good enough, as someone posted earlier the fullbacks played for Wenger years ago and our midfield lacks a NDJ or GB or the tenacity of a Tevez
We will have two new fullbacks next year

The defence wasn't the problem tonight , the midfield couldnt string two passes together in the first half

We are still playing square pegs in round holes in that respect , it will be corrected next year

Lost that game in the first half really. Absolutely piss weak in midfield and KDB/Silva did absolutely nothing to affect the game.

De Bruyne is a brilliant player and seems like a decent guy but he needs to step up in some of these bigger games. Goes missing way too often and goes into the 50/50 balls a bit half heartedly. Silva improved a little in the second half but also seemed way off the pace.

Sterling and Sane were a bit more lively but Sterling didn't have a great game at all. Aguero missed a couple of decent chances but it felt like for a lot of that game the midfield just wasn't doing enough to bring the front three into the game.

A slight plus point is that despite us conceding three goals, i thought the two CBs had a decent game.

Finally, WHY defend the free kick for the third goal in that way? Just doesn't make sense to me to invite them to put an inswinger in like that!

We're just not good enough to compete at the business end of a tournament like this. Hopefully we'll at least give the FA Cup a serious go now as it'd be a great year to win it given the calibre of teams left in it now. Will be interesting to see how Monaco progress, they have some pretty decent players in that team.

Yup, agree with all of that. DeBruyne needs to take a long hard look at himself. When the going gets tough, he disappears far too often. Jogging after opponents, powderpuff tackles? Unacceptable.
One thing I pray we buy in the summer are two full backs, who can actually cross the ball. Sagna, Clichy and Sterling are terrible at it to the point of embarrassment, and when you're chasing a game like that you need as many options as possible. Our lack of professionalism when things aren't going our way is a real concern for me as well. That was an appalling goal to concede

The whole lot of them, from Pep down, were a fucking mess 1st half & because of it, we have lost to a side we could have beaten comfortably.

Monaco are fucking good, but they are shite at defending & when we pass the ball, they can't stop us. That's our advantage. So what do we do ? Pass it like wankers. Advantage Monaco.

Second half, all over them. But as is now common in big games, Aguero misses the opportunities to kill the game & the defence falls asleep & concedes yet another run of the mill goal.

This is now the routine & I don't think it will change until the players do.

I'm struggling to see how our wank passing, Aguero missing opportunities and the defence falling asleep is Pep's fault ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.