The most traditional English food is ?

Seems we like food threads. So heres another one.

Like many of you, I've sampled lots of food from around the world, but as "bland" as some of our poncey European neighbours will have us believe, we have some fine chefs on these shores rustling up top food with English sourced produce.

Talking traditional English though, I'm. going for good old fish chips and mushy peas. Best chippy's are to be found in "yokshir" and I'm sure our yorkshire residing Manc Stony will agree. Although the cantankerous old **** will pro'bah'ly throw a hissy fit if any peas touch his chips; )

Proper Fish chips and mushy peas for me with lashings of malt vinegar and a bit of salt. sunday roast in 2nd.

Funnily enough until recently I always ordered my peas in a separate tub. Can't be doing with them making the chips go soggy.
The Full English breakfast is the best English cuisine has to offer.

British food has really come on in the last 20 years, obviously outside influence has helped but the recent upturn in 'British' cuisine is good stuff.

I'll add another to the mix of good old fare, the pie, we can stick just about anything in pastry and nom it, from pasties down south, to the mutton pie up in jock land and the Oggie in Wales. I do like a bit of pie.

Raheem Sterling and Greggs being further proof of our love of pies.
Scotch pies are fucking rank.

British food has really come on in the last 20 years, obviously outside influence has helped but the recent upturn in 'British' cuisine is good stuff.

I'll add another to the mix of good old fare, the pie, we can stick just about anything in pastry and nom it, from pasties down south, to the mutton pie up in jock land and the Oggie in Wales. I do like a bit of pie.

Raheem Sterling and Greggs being further proof of our love of pies.
Good point Lakey. The pie. Best scotch pie I've had was from a shop opposite Motherwell. Fc. Best cheese. n' onion is my mums. Not sure about where best meat n spud or steak pie is from. But best pork pie is from a village in Bahnsley. @stony, have you had one yet mate?

Good point Lakey. The pie. Best scotch pie I've had was from a ship opposite Motherwell. Fc. Best cheese. n' onion is my mums. Not sure about where best meat n spud or steak pie is frim. But best pork pie is from a village in Bahnsley. @stony, have you had one yet mate?

Even the weird veggie types can have a pie, they really leave nobody behind.

There are even the potato topped ones like shepherds, cottage and cumberland to add to the mix as well.

I like a meat and potato or a steak and ale myself, but will nom most pies as they are great.

Pie.

But still all corners of these isles love a bit of pie. Who doesnt love a pie? So versatile you can put anything you like in them.

Pie.

My missus makes a chicken and leak pie that's so good, two of my sons ended up having a square go after the younger one ate clearly three portions to himself when they returned from the pub and his older brother took exception.

Younger one who didn't quite win said the next day it was worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.