Pizza

Should always add anchovies, forget that it's fish, enhances the flavour of most things!

Oriental chicken with extra Pineapple with a deep pan base, if I'm being good, then it'll be home made chicken, tuna, pineapple, olives on wholemeal pitta style.

On recommendation,I took an ex to 'Al Fresco' in Delph nr Oldham a few years ago. Nice ambiance about the place, seemed authentic. I ordered a simple spag bol expecting fresh home made Italian pasta.

I said to the ex i wasn't happy and I called the waitress over.

"Excuse me, Is this pasta home made as it tastes like packet".... " one moment sir I'll ask the chef"....... "Sorry sir it is packet pasta".
"Why are you claiming to be an Italian restaurant, when you are selling packet pasta for a small fortune?"..... "Sorry but we haven't. had any complaints on our pasta before".

"Are any of you from Italy?"..... "Err no(dopey accent) we're all from Oldham"....
If by "packet" they mean dried pasta, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

If making pasta dishes at home, you can make egg pasta yourself dead easy, but if you can't be arsed then decent dried pasta is just fine. And if you need a hard, semolina-based pasta (like spaghetti or penne for example) you absolutely SHOULD use dried, since its very difficult/impossible to make at home.

Shop bought "fresh" stuff sold chilled in bags is to be avoided at all costs; it is absolute garbage. You get a MUCH better finished dish with dried pasta.

Proper itallian pizza or New York pizza is the best hands down. I try not to spoil it with too many toppings so usually just go for a margherita. If im feeling fancy i go for the Napoletana (anhovies, capers, olives).

My main gripe about take aways over here is the pizza, they are horrible. you cant find a proper pizza anywhere

Proper itallian pizza or New York pizza is the best hands down. I try not to spoil it with too many toppings so usually just go for a margherita. If im feeling fancy i go for the Napoletana (anhovies, capers, olives).

My main gripe about take aways over here is the pizza, they are horrible. you cant find a proper pizza anywhere

Never even heard of a new york pizza. Sure you don't mean Chicago?

Never even heard of a new york pizza. Sure you don't mean Chicago?

Deep dish? Its good stuff, but that isnt pizza!
Saying that though, when i was in Chicago everyone seemed to be eating pizza with a really thin crust cut into little squares. I was told that's the actual Chicago pizza, not deep dish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.