Chelsea Thread 16/17

Great win last night.

Annoyed with Swansea.
Great?
It was an important win.
Nothing great about it,imo.
No one can deny you are deserved champions this season,your team play as a disciplined unit,obvious class in important areas and a willingness to put a foot in whenever necessary because you really want to win.
Good luck to you.

They are what they are and did what they do.
Win games doing the absolute bare minimum required, whilst never looking duly untroubled
It's strange because I honestly believe their lack of injuries in part comes down to the fact their players rarely exert themselves and push themselves to breaking point because they are so organised
They did little to non in the final third last night and scored 2 goals, which is a trait in itself, as they take advantage of pretty much every mistake or opportunity a poor defensive unit like ourselves give them
They then brought Matic on, which was very pro-active from Conte so fair play, and conceded ground and possession whilst never really pressing us too much to run themselves into the ground
It is strange how lethargic we were, but you always feel Chelsea have another gear if they need it, which was shown in their games against Stoke etc when they concede a goal, they often score very early after conceding

I dont like watching them, I near as hell detest that kind of play but who am I or anyone on this board to call them boring and say it is the wrong way to play. They are about to sweep the league and have had near enough no trouble doing it.
We are expansive, magnificent and catastrophically bad all in equal measure, and consistent about it from game to game
Chelsea are none of the above, but I certainly wont look back and remember this title winning side in years to come, something which I think our owners place more stock in than simply just rounding up trophies
If they had wanted to do that, they'd have kept Mancini or brought in Simeone/Ancelotti

And we can be better, still.

If we can improve on this team without sacrificing the solidity and consistency next season, it'll be as close to world class team as we've had in a long time.

How can you improve we know the style of play Conti plays Hazard is ideal for his system maybe someone better than Costa. Defensive wise you dont really need outstanding defenders when they have so much cover.

Are you happy with Conti style if football? Will you be happy with it if stuck in 4/5th in league and not winning nowt!?

How can you improve we know the style of play Conti plays Hazard is ideal for his system maybe someone better than Costa. Defensive wise you dont really need outstanding defenders when they have so much cover.

Are you happy with Conti style if football? Will you be happy with it if stuck in 4/5th in league and not winning nowt!?

If they win the league no one will give a damn about their style of play which i personally don't think is that poor to watch.
We can play all the tippy tappy pretty football we like but if we finish 4th and don't win the FA cup we'll have failed hugely this season.

If they win the league no one will give a damn about their style of play which i personally don't think is that poor to watch.
We can play all the tippy tappy pretty football we like but if we finish 4th and don't win the FA cup we'll have failed hugely this season.
Better than 10th though right?

Chelsea with their defensive boring style managed to score more goals than us so far this season.

Chelsea still have a couple of potential banana skins coming up. United away (I'm sure Jose will wanna get one over on them) and Everton away (I'm sure Lukaku would love to score against Chelsea too) apart from that it's pretty plain sailing.

I keep reading Spurs have an easy run in but Arsenal at home, United at home, West Ham away (their cup final) , Leicester away who have hit great form and Palace away makes me nervous. I can see us dropping some huge points along the way. Hopefully a top 3 finish and above Arsenal!!

They are what they are and did what they do.
Win games doing the absolute bare minimum required, whilst never looking duly untroubled
It's strange because I honestly believe their lack of injuries in part comes down to the fact their players rarely exert themselves and push themselves to breaking point because they are so organised
They did little to non in the final third last night and scored 2 goals, which is a trait in itself, as they take advantage of pretty much every mistake or opportunity a poor defensive unit like ourselves give them
They then brought Matic on, which was very pro-active from Conte so fair play, and conceded ground and possession whilst never really pressing us too much to run themselves into the ground
It is strange how lethargic we were, but you always feel Chelsea have another gear if they need it, which was shown in their games against Stoke etc when they concede a goal, they often score very early after conceding

The Matic change was important as there was lots of space that City broke into in the first half. It meant one less person, and Pedro did OK at fullback(ish)

The conservative style leading to no injuries theory seems sound to me - Leicester were the same last year; only a few charged up and down the pitch, and they picked the same XI each week as well. Very Italian!

Chelsea still have a couple of potential banana skins coming up. United away (I'm sure Jose will wanna get one over on them) and Everton away (I'm sure Lukaku would love to score against Chelsea too) apart from that it's pretty plain sailing.

I keep reading Spurs have an easy run in but Arsenal at home, United at home, West Ham away (their cup final) , Leicester away who have hit great form and Palace away makes me nervous. I can see us dropping some huge points along the way. Hopefully a top 3 finish and above Arsenal!!

Can't see you missing out on top 3, and while that's not the best run, 2nd should be fine for you. I don't think Chelsea will drop 10 pts though.

The Chelsea-Utd match is between the EL QFs, so it may be quite low on priority for Mourinho, although I doubt he'll want a hammering. I think I want Chelsea to lose the cup semifinal too, so we don't have to face whichever clueless idiot refs one side if we get past Arsenal.

When City can't win the title I prefer Chelsea to do it. All the alternatives are unbearable to various degrees. Congratulations Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.