Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ist of all Sanchez contacted Agent & Pep to sort out the deal.
The players know this is happenning , my contact within the club tells me this
This man I have known for many years and trust him a lot.His info has come from ex players who still work within the club ,as does my contact .
Hopefully you will believe this , if you dont ...no worries
Interesting.

This man I have known for many years and trust him a lot.His info has come from ex players who still work within the club ,as does my contact .
Thanks for sharing your info

Cheers mate.....sounds like its going to be an interesting few months ahead! ; )

All transfers need 3 parties to agree, I can fully believe that 2 signatures are on the deal already but the selling club is always the hardest. The issue will be Arse agreeing the principle to sell their best player to us. Him leaving on a free would be preferable as selling him, even at an astronomic price, puts a huge dent in their ambition and status as a top club. The fans would go bonkers – even more bonkers than they already are over the Wenger dictatorship. I rate this as slightly less than 50:50 chance of happening.

Does your contact know that Arsenal have agreed to the deal?

All transfers need 3 parties to agree, I can fully believe that 2 signatures are on the deal already but the selling club is always the hardest. The issue will be Arse agreeing the principle to sell their best player to us. Him leaving on a free would be preferable as selling him, even at an astronomic price, puts a huge dent in their ambition and status as a top club. The fans would go bonkers – even more bonkers than they already are over the Wenger dictatorship. I rate this as slightly less than 50:50 chance of happening.

While all this may be true, it's not in Arsenal's interests to keep the player (on high wages no less) if he wants to leave. This scenario is even less likely than trying to hold onto him only for him to walk for free at the end of the season, leaving copious egg on Arsenal's faces and ruffling the feathers of the board and investors, the only group actually happy with Wenger continuing.

Once the player asks to go then the club are obligated to sell him. If he ultimately wants to go to City, it's between the two sides to hammer out a deal which would be acceptable to both.

While all this may be true, it's not in Arsenal's interests to keep the player (on high wages no less) if he wants to leave. This scenario is even less likely than trying to hold onto him only for him to walk for free at the end of the season, leaving copious egg on Arsenal's faces and ruffling the feathers of the board and investors, the only group actually happy with Wenger continuing.

Once the player asks to go then the club are obligated to sell him. If he ultimately wants to go to City, it's between the two sides to hammer out a deal which would be acceptable to both.

It may be that City is his preference but it doesnt necessarily mean that he will only join us. We've seen in the past that when clubs have played hardball (eg Liverpool over Suarez's desired move to Arsenal, United over Rooney) players do sometimes back down. If Arsenal make it clear that they will be happy for him to move to PSG but will resist a move to another PL club, he might go for the easier option.

I think we're favourites to sign him but doubt that its a "done deal".

It may be that City is his preference but it doesnt necessarily mean that he will only join us. We've seen in the past that when clubs have played hardball (eg Liverpool over Suarez's desired move to Arsenal, United over Rooney) players do sometimes back down. If Arsenal make it clear that they will be happy for him to move to PSG but will resist a move to another PL club, he might go for the easier option.

I think we're favourites to sign him but doubt that its a "done deal".

I agree, I never said it was a done deal. Certainly we know already, from Maks Cardenas, that Sanchez wants to go to City. The new info here is that moves between the player, his agent and City have already happened and a deal has been reached with the player (terms, wages, conditions etc).

Yes, it's possible Arsenal play hardball over Sanchez, but the only way they could concievably dissuade City would be to ask for too much money. In this instance, I'd imagine north of £60 million would be getting into that territory. But then, is there a club out there that would offer that kind of money for Sanchez? Not PSG or Chelsea. That being so, we arrive back to the issue of the club not wanting to be left with one year of a lame duck player who wants away, costs a lot of money and will get out for free.

Bottom line? If Sanchez puts his foot down there's not an awful lot Wenger can do. If City offer upwards of £50 million, it's unlikely they would be in a position to turn it down.

This bit is not true. Only with a release clause and even then a club can still push the issue as release clauses are not always legal agreements - more often agreements in principle that would not stand up in court. A selling club is always in a strong position and nothing to stop them rejecting every offer that comes in. Technically city can not talk to the player until an offer is accepted.

As for egg on the face - it is clearly far worse for them to sell to a PL rival than to let a player go abroad or even walk for free to a rival. Selling to us or any other PL club this summer would be like an admission they are not a top English club. Selling abroad would make it far easier for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.