It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it work?

.......EDERSON......

.......OTAMENDI....STONES......BONUCCI.....

STERLING....................................SANE....

............DE BRUYNE........SILVA........

.......................SANCHEZ..............

...........MBAPPE.....................JESUS.........

Sterling and Sane as full backs ???
I like this Eleven but I think we 'll have several defending problems. Espexially without a Real DMF

Sterling and Sane as full backs ???
I like this Eleven but I think we 'll have several defending problems. Espexially without a Real DMF

It's fitting 11 players in rather than the most productive... for that system to work you need two able wing backs, I don't personally see Sterling being able to do it and you'd literally run the pair of them in to the ground by Xmas...

Sterling and sane, when having solid fullbacks behind them, will because me the most productive wide men in Europe, you play to players strenghts which is undoubtedly the last 3rd of the pitch for both...

It's fitting 11 players in rather than the most productive... for that system to work you need two able wing backs, I don't personally see Sterling being able to do it and you'd literally run the pair of them in to the ground by Xmas...

Sterling and sane, when having solid fullbacks behind them, will because me the most productive wide men in Europe, you play to players strenghts which is undoubtedly the last 3rd of the pitch for both...

I think Sane could be an amazing fullback/wingback, but you don't reward the kind of performances he's turned in recently & the goals he's scored, by pushing him out of position.

Plus, a front 3 for example Jesus, Sane, Mbappe are all lightning fast & can all swap position, so Sane could find himself at cf on occasion & he's shown he can score through the middle. Imo, like Ronaldo, he'll score more & more breaking down the centre.

The kind of players we are bringing through upfront, could play in almost any system, under any kind of manager, with the right men behind them, & terrify any defence.

I think Sane could be an amazing fullback/wingback, but you don't reward the kind of performances he's turned in recently & the goals he's scored, by pushing him out of position.

Plus, a front 3 for example Jesus, Sane, Mbappe are all lightning fast & can all swap position, so Sane could find himself at cf on occasion & he's shown he can score through the middle. Imo, like Ronaldo, he'll score more & more breaking down the centre.

The kind of players we are bringing through upfront, could play in almost any system, under any kind of manager, with the right men behind them, & terrify any defence.

But he is, by nature essentially playing a wingback each game. I'm not a stat guy but I reckon there's stats to back this up. He seems to constantly be making key tackles and interceptions in that area then countering.

Call him what we like, but right now he's doing both jobs and doing them amazingly.

I cannot wait to see how he enjoys that nice big pitch at Wembley :-)

Almost impossible to say, we don't really know how much we're making, how much the contracts of leaving players will save us etc.
The out of contract players are costing us around £30m a year in amortisation and wages. Our revenue won't be up this season as our CL earnings will be down so add that to our spending from last year and that'll give a fair idea of the budget before sales.

The out of contract players are costing us around £30m a year in amortisation and wages. Our revenue won't be up this season as our CL earnings will be down so add that to our spending from last year and that'll give a fair idea of the budget before sales.

But we don't know what the budget was last year, we bid £40m for Mbappé and £50m for Bonucci when we'd already spent £150m. You also can't just act like we're getting an extra £30m from 6 players salaries because we're going to probably match those salaries with incoming players, as for amortisation, isn't the whole point that by the time their contract expires amortisation goes to 0, so we'll not recoup a benefit from them, only from the likes of Manga & Hart. I'd be surprised if the wage bill went down at all this summer.

But we don't know what the budget was last year, we bid £40m for Mbappé and £50m for Bonucci when we'd already spent £150m. You also can't just act like we're getting an extra £30m from 6 players salaries because we're going to probably match those salaries with incoming players, as for amortisation, isn't the whole point that by the time their contract expires amortisation goes to 0, so we'll not recoup a benefit from them, only from the likes of Manga & Hart. I'd be surprised if the wage bill went down at all this summer.
Amortisation will go to 0 yes. So there's about 5m in costs this season that will be 0 next season, giving us more to spend, an extra 25m if we're handing out 5 year deals. We've also got an extra 25m on the wage bill, plus the 5m the PL FFPR allows us, plus any rise in commercial income.
I'm not convinced that the Mbappe and Bonucci money wasn't spent on Sané and Stones. The amounts ended up very similar and it's like Txiki to go for more than one target in the same position and see what shifts.

you seem to panic a lot mate?

Amortisation will go to 0 yes. So there's about 5m in costs this season that will be 0 next season, giving us more to spend, an extra 25m if we're handing out 5 year deals. We've also got an extra 25m on the wage bill, plus the 5m the PL FFPR allows us, plus any rise in commercial income.
I'm not convinced that the Mbappe and Bonucci money wasn't spent on Sané and Stones. The amounts ended up very similar and it's like Txiki to go for more than one target in the same position and see what shifts.

I'm pretty sure TH has said otherwise with regards to the Bonucci and Mbappé money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.