Referees/Officials

the two touch rule was the correct decision and moot anyway since the foul was outside the box. Fernandinho was also brought down in the box - no penalty. Kompany booked when Chilwell ran out of steam and dived. Clichy penalized when Vardy initiated the contact. A quick free kick of ours stopped for no reason. I dont believe he was cheating - he is just fucking incompetent, but claiming we got the better of it is laughable.
Oh and the one on Dinho would have been soft as fuck if it had been given.

I just think Madley is completely out of his depth at this level but alarm bells always ring when refs consistently give soft free-kicks to the opposition and ignore similar incidents in our favour. Plus he was absolutely doing his best to give Leicester every chance to score in injury time. I don't know how long he actually played but someone said it was over 9 minutes and they were still playing. Then late on we had the ball down in the corner with Sane and the ball clearly came off a Leicester defender for what should have been a corner to us but Madley, who was standing 2 yards away, gave a goal-kick. We all clearly saw it in 109/110.

I mentioned this in the post match thread it was clear as day from half way up 315 which was roughly how far away from play he'd been all game. Deep in injury time he runs 50 yards for possibly the only time in the game to give a false decision and allow Leicester another chance to attack.

I don't buy he's a shit referee and certainly not the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant like a lot of the fuckers they know exactly what they're doing.

Erm, no we weren't. There's no evidence Sterling touched the ball and he wasn't remotely in Schmeichel's line of sight
A player has to be in an offside position, and commit an "offence".

Offside position

Sterling was inches offside, but you need video evidence to be convinced. It's so close I don't think in real time a linesman can give it after all a player is not in an offside position if level, and what is meant by level? Technically no player can ever be level. I am sure you could make an argument to say that a player is level if it is not possible for an observer standing 30 m away on the touchline to determine a difference. A players hands and arms do not come into it. It's the position of the torso.

Offside offence

The relevant part of the rule.....

• clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
I think Sterling attempts to play the ball even though he claims he did not, but did it impact on an opponent? I would say yes to this aspect, but it's clearly open to interpretation.

Erm, no we weren't. There's no evidence Sterling touched the ball and he wasn't remotely in Schmeichel's line of sight
This was what pissed me off firstly in the Sky coverage then on MotD. They wouldn't shut up about it on Sky for the whole game ignoring the fact that Leicester showed no real ambition until the second half & on MotD they said he was directly affecting Fuchs & Schmeichel while the camera angle they were showing at that second blatantly showed otherwise.

The additional two minutes was correct, although I'm sceptical about where the original seven minutes came from in a half that had no goals and "only" five subs. Even with the Albrighton injury, that seemed a lot.
The two extra were correct,but the 7 a joke and not surprising at all !

We've been getting crap decisions all season and then one marginal one goes our way and it leads to a media frenzy!

The two extra were correct,but the 7 a joke and not surprising at all !
It's the sort of added time there should be in nearly all our games but strangely if we're chasing the game its always 3 minutes and there's never anything extra added on for the times-wasting, injuries in injury time. Guess we must just be unlucky as fuck.....

It's the sort of added time there should be in nearly all our games but strangely if we're chasing the game its always 3 minutes and there's never anything extra added on for the times-wasting, injuries in injury time. Guess we must just be unlucky as fuck.....
And always finishes bang on fuckin time when we are behind !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.