City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I loved the idea behind the ticket exchange but it just hasnt worked for me because Ive got an undesirable seat (i think)

One thing that did wind me up though, I was on holiday for the Everton game and about 2 hours before kick off city tweeted that the game had sold out, brilliant my ticket must have sold, then about 20 minutes before kick off they emailed me saying it had failed to sell, why declare it a sell out?
Work commitments meant West Brom was a very rare miss for me so I stuck it on the exchange for the first time, like you I must have an undesirable seat.

It's classed as a sell-out because your seat was sold - to you as a s/card holder, in the end you still paid for that seat.

Work commitments meant West Brom was a very rare miss for me so I stuck it on the exchange for the first time, like you I must have an undesirable seat.

It's classed as a sell-out because your seat was sold - to you as a s/card holder, in the end you still paid for that seat.

I understand that, but surely declaring the game a sell out, would deter anyone who maybe changed their mind last minute from buying a ticket (I understand this would be very rare but still)

I understand that, but surely declaring the game a sell out, would deter anyone who maybe changed their mind last minute from buying a ticket (I understand this would be very rare but still)
Good point this fella.
City could do more to entice people in the city centre into buying a one off ticket.

Maybe little booths like the programme sellers, scattered around Picc. Gardens and market Street, Deansgate etc etc.
Included in the ticket would be free Tram use to the stadium.

No matter how "undesirable" your seat is, some bloke bored walking around Arndale with his Mrs shopping will snap it up.... If the price was desirable!

I loved the idea behind the ticket exchange but it just hasnt worked for me because Ive got an undesirable seat (i think)

One thing that did wind me up though, I was on holiday for the Everton game and about 2 hours before kick off city tweeted that the game had sold out, brilliant my ticket must have sold, then about 20 minutes before kick off they emailed me saying it had failed to sell, why declare it a sell out?

There's something in this - instead of saying it's sold out, just say something like tickets may be available via the exchange, and put a link to it.

Value Good has been reintroduced to plug the gaps and to fill the empty seats. The club know which seats remain empty, so they will fill them. It's pot luck for those wanting those limited empty seats. The unlucky one's will get a front row seat in the lower tier. Other's will end up at the back of the 3rd tier, etc. Don't forget, Value Gold was dropped and replaced by the limited £299 season tickets in SS3. So no, not a new idea, just replacing like for like, and filling limited empty seats around the stadium, which at least is a start.

Ticket exchange. I stand corrected on this as I've never used it. All the seats against Leicester City were £58. Is that the ticket exchange price? Lol! And then does't the fan only get a 19th(roughly 20%) of that £58, which then goes towards next season's season ticket? So not only do the club get the original season ticket money, the club also get's £46.40 if by some miracle that £58 ticket exchange ticket re-sells. If that wasn't the ticket exchange price, I stand corrected.

So. The Gold Value card has been brought back to sell empty seats. And the ticket exchange is very much loaded in favour of the club, when tickets could be cheaper, and more of the resale price could go back to the fan.

The ticket exchange works as far as I can tell like this. The seat is put on the exchange and then the seat is put on the planner as a normal matchday ticket so if the matchday ticket is £35 or £58 for that seat, that's the price it is sold at. I think, but not certain only cityzens, can buy ticket on the exchange so they would get the £5 discount for the seat. The s/c holder gets 1/19th of his next s/c so the amount depends on his s/c cost. so £600 s/c holder would get £31 for a seat that may be sold for £30or £41 or £53 depending which game, obviously a £299 seat would only get the holder £16 back , not perfect but much better than viagogo when the s/c holder could sell for the matchday price + 20% plus viagogo fee.
As for value gold, I think it's great to have it back, but in the context of empty seats somebody is much more likely to miss a game they have paid £15 for than £30.
I do have issues with matchday pricing but don't think it's new, and also not related to empty seats, The £53 games will be 1st and last home games, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and the rest will be either £35 or £41 and there will be more empty seats against Swansea then the premium games, Leicester was slightly different matchday tickets sold out, but after the fixture changes the resale tickets didn't go because West Brom on Tuesday became ours and Zabs last game.
My opinion is there are 2 issues, empty seats which is mainly a resale problem, I don't know a way round that. And the matchday prices are a separate issue, but not new as I would say there are more £30 tickets this season because returned away 3rd tier are sold at that price. I did post my matchday price idea earlier which was.

"have always thought the matchday prices should be the price of that seat for the s/ c pluse lets,say 20% so if a s/ c buyer wasnt going to 15 games it would be cheaper to just buy the tickets, that way not only would the season card not need to increase it would make matchday tickets in the main cheaper but, in the dearer seats the £800 areas the club could still charge £50"

I honestly think people buying a season ticket to just attend anything less than 10 a season should not be allowed to renew, unless they have mitigating circumstances - and that would actually directly affect me!

There's something in this - instead of saying it's sold out, just say something like tickets may be available via the exchange, and put a link to it.
They do. I don't know if it happens every time, but I have seen some news stories to that effect.

I honestly think people buying a season ticket to just attend anything less than 10 a season should not be allowed to renew, unless they have mitigating circumstances - and that would actually directly affect me!
perhaps but maybe we're over doing the problem. It's nothing like as bad as Arsenal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/614832/Arsenal-Emirates-Stadium-empty-seats-sportgalleries

Ticket Exchange certainly works to an extent, and perhaps more blues will get the message. It is only viable whilst the games sell out otherwise it wont be available

If an adult buy's a ticket for his kid and they can't go, he puts it on ticket exchange.
Is this ticket then offered on there as an adult ?
If not I cannot see how individual Children or OAP tickets can be resold ?
Just asking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.