It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones isn't a great passer, what he's great at is bringing the ball out of defence, and getting past the first man. At some point people seem to have mistaken being good at bringing the ball out from the back, for being a fantastic passer, but they're completely different things, and Stones' passing is miles below the likes of Otamendi let alone Bonucci or Boateng.

What I will say though is that Otamendi's passing is miles better than it was 9 months ago, so Stones could definitely improve and get to the level of those guys. There's signs he's got the skill, he does occasionally hit a long bass that is brilliant or plays a great through ball, but it's pretty embryonic at the moment in my opinion.
I wonder if Otamendi would be an option for Defensive Mid?

Sanchez is the much better player but Martins more of realistic in terms of adding depth and cover (in terms of wages and age), and is probably more prepared to play that role imho.

Last edited:
Despite the replies, I think Stones could develop into the DM/pivot role - he would not be perfect yet but he learns quickly. However if the rumours are true, Fabinho would be a grand choice for a versatile pivot

I'm not opposed to Bravo being considered as an option :)
Didn't work last time...
xxxx-e1476917889130.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.