General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely in a pickle this election.

I detest the tories, am a kind of natural Labour (old Labour) voter, but believe passionately (and have done for 40 years) in the right of this country to be free and independent of the European Union.

The Labour Party I grew up voting for was of a similar position re the EU and I am certain that JC is a natural euro sceptic but he made a poor miscalculation last year in coming out for remain, in part I believe because he believed - wrongly as it turns out - that doing so would unify the party behind him.

If it was up to him I'm convinced he would be pro Brexit but as his party has been hijacked by right wing blairites over the last 2 decades or so I have little faith in the Labour Party seeing Brexit through if elected.

I can't and won't vote Tory. I see no point in the lib dems and ukip are hateful.

I was of the opinion that I should "vote Tory this time to guarantee Brexit and go back to labour next time after we have left" but I don't think I can do it. I look at them and other than a few of them I see privileged selfish oafs who care not one jot about me and mine.

On a side note did you see QT last night? I now have a fairly enormous crush on Angela Rayner. And that Patel woman is a waste of a gorgeous face in a hateful mind.

I'm conflicted.

If balaclava man was anti eu I'm sure he would have ignored the pleas of his MP's and campaigned true to his values. As we have been told he is a rare breed, an honest politician. I think we can put his change of heart on Europe, terrorists and voting against his own party down to a vision that visited him during the night just after he became leader. A coincidence maybe but the only credible answer.

That or he is just another **** of a politician like the rest of them when the sniff of power comes along, and his cult following have been deceived or just prefer to ignore the facts for their own deluded dreams.

There'd be another note in the Treasury saying "all the money has gone again"
Nah the next note in the Treasury will be from an outgoing Tory Chancellor and will be a repeat of one written by a previous Tory Chancellor- " Good luck old cock - sorry to leave it in such a mess" ( Reginald Maudling 1964).
Unlike you, nobody made a fuss over in those days.

I'm genuinely in a pickle this election.

I detest the tories, am a kind of natural Labour (old Labour) voter, but believe passionately (and have done for 40 years) in the right of this country to be free and independent of the European Union.

The Labour Party I grew up voting for was of a similar position re the EU and I am certain that JC is a natural euro sceptic but he made a poor miscalculation last year in coming out for remain, in part I believe because he believed - wrongly as it turns out - that doing so would unify the party behind him.

If it was up to him I'm convinced he would be pro Brexit but as his party has been hijacked by right wing blairites over the last 2 decades or so I have little faith in the Labour Party seeing Brexit through if elected.

I can't and won't vote Tory. I see no point in the lib dems and ukip are hateful.

I was of the opinion that I should "vote Tory this time to guarantee Brexit and go back to labour next time after we have left" but I don't think I can do it. I look at them and other than a few of them I see privileged selfish oafs who care not one jot about me and mine.

On a side note did you see QT last night? I now have a fairly enormous crush on Angela Rayner. And that Patel woman is a waste of a gorgeous face in a hateful mind.

I'm conflicted.

Vote Labour mate, Corbyn is a Bennite and will follow through on brexit, and do it in a way in the peoples interest, not a select few.

Also if he can win the election, then the types like that **** Ed Balls and his missus along with other new labour twats will slink off knowing that their only chance to upset labour returning to it's roots and core beliefs has gone.

As you say you won't vote tory so don't.
And for anyone else conflicted, especially if your constituency could go either way vote Labour I say get these horrible lot out.

Last edited:
Originally, I thought Corbyn would be a disaster for the Labour party and the UK, and had decided to spoil my ballot paper on the grounds this is a completely unnecessary election.
However, now Cruella has published her manifesto, I am going to vote Labour, as she is so insufferably light weight and attempts to compensate by trying to be so controlling. Us Coffin Dodgers know a thing or two, and its clear she would be bad for society, bad for the economy, and hopeless at negotiating a successful Brexit!

Last edited:
Originally, I thought Corbyn would be a disaster for the Labour party and the UK, and had decided to spoil my ballot paper on the grounds this is a completely unnecessary election.
However, now Cruella has published her manifesto, I am going to vote Labour, as she is so insufferably light weight and attempts to compensate by trying to be so controlling. Us Coffin Dodgers know a thing or two, and its clear she would be bad for society, bad for the economy, and hopeless at negotiating a successful Brexit!

She keeps banging on about strong and stable leadership, and yet has demonstrated neither. Weak, dithering and incompetent.

Or Jeremy Corbyn.

Some choice.

Yes.
Alistair Darling had a good plan in 2010, more modest cuts than Osborne meaning no crash in 2012 and then deficit eliminated by 2017. Would have worked.
It was the crash and burn in 2012 Tories and then having to pump the patient full of steroids that ultimately led to today's problems.

Darling's target of reducing the deficit by 50% over the course of the 2010-2015 parliament was a sensible and realistic objective. But he didn't have any sort of plan as to how that would be achieved. When asked to come up with even modest cuts he couldn't, other than cutting the hospitals and education buildings programme ("we've built the new schools and hospitals, we dont need to do it again"). Ironically it was almost the the first Coalition policy which Labour opposed. If Labour had been re-elected it would have required at least two years of infighting within the party to agree any cuts, and then the Euro crisis would have been used as an excuse to further increase spending indefinitely rather than take any hard decisions.

All very factual points those IMO

People could debate about the size of the debt inherited - the manner in which so much was hidden and repayment is constrained through Brown's obsession with PFI etc. - but the fact is the Tories made predictions and have gotten them badly wrong - their reputation must as a consequence take a battering.

So if we agree on that - can you help me out with something that I am struggling to work out please

Given all this Tory incompetence etc. - just what does it say about the Labour party that they are still, seemingly by a very large majority, deemed to be far worse that the Tories with regard economic competence.

Oh and pretty please do so without doing some cut and paste of the Sun, Express or Mail - the board can only take so much of that crap
It's to do with the Tory party being hugely successful at spin and PR and of course they are aided and abetted in this by their friends in the media, big business and the establishment.
As a result they are perceived to be the party most competent at running the economy.
But the truth is they aren't.
A couple of examples of the very effective spin, perception and establishment backing of the Tories.
Between 2010 and 2012 Osborne ran the economy into the ground. When it crashed he had to relax his borrowing targets. By engineering a housing boom ( which only served to inflate prices) he helped the economy to recover to levels of about 2% per annum growth, half of which would have been achieved anyway through natural recovery from a slump. The problem for him was that despite growth, Goverment tax receipts were actually falling because the growth was being fuelled by low paid, zero hour contact,insecure jobs. Consequently his borrowing targets were not being met. Also the increase in GDP was being met by simply increasing the labour force through immigration.GDP per capita was actually falling! In other words the economic recovery was mainly in low skilled, low paid jobs fuelled by immigration. And yet Osborne and the Tories presented the increase in GDP as some kind of economic miracle. The deficit and the national debt, increasing trade deficit, poor productivity of the labour force, per capita GDP hardly received a mention, least of all by the Tory media. In other words it was all smoke and mirrors BUT crucially very effective smoke and mirrors.
In the 2015 campaign that followed Red Ed was blasted for excessive borrowing by the previous Labour Government. Labour was so poor in it's PR and the media so compliant hardly anybody mentioned the Tories having borrowed half a trillion and failing miserably to meet it's deficit target. Only two people picked up on this - Paxman in his interview with call me Dave and Nigel Farage in the party leaders forum! The Tories got off lightly, and they continued to be perceived as better than Labour on economic management despite having fcuked up badly.
I could go on about the shambles of economic management overseen by Osborne between the election victory and the referendum and the latest manifesto mañana deferment of borrowing targets which in effect are an admission of a failed economic policy which the country has suffered for the last seven years, but what's the point because essentially the Tories can fcuk up but their highly effective PR and media friends can spin things so effectively that despite their screw ups they are still perceived as better than Labour.
Fcuk me we are still talking about Liam Byrne's treasury note seven years after the event and still blaming Labour for the global financial crash of 2008. What better example could you want?

Darling's target of reducing the deficit by 50% over the course of the 2010-2015 parliament was a sensible and realistic objective. But he didn't have any sort of plan as to how that would be achieved. When asked to come up with even modest cuts he couldn't, other than cutting the hospitals and education buildings programme ("we've built the new schools and hospitals, we dont need to do it again"). Ironically it was almost the the first Coalition policy which Labour opposed. If Labour had been re-elected it would have required at least two years of infighting within the party to agree any cuts, and then the Euro crisis would have been used as an excuse to further increase spending indefinitely rather than take any hard decisions.
Fair point. There was no guarantee that Darling would have achieved his targets but could things have turned out any worse? I very much doubt it.
His was certainly a much better plan than Osborne's.

Vote Labour mate, Corbyn is a Bennite and will follow through on brexit, and do it in a way in the peoples interest, not a select few.

Also if he can win the election, then the types like that **** Ed Balls and his missus along with other new labour twats will slink off knowing that their only chance to upset labour returning to it's roots and core beliefs has gone.

As you say you won't vote tory so don't.
And for anyone else conflicted, especially if your constituency could go either way vote Labour I say get these horrible lot out.

Yep let's return to the 1970's - big thumbs up

Nah the next note in the Treasury will be from an outgoing Tory Chancellor and will be a repeat of one written by a previous Tory Chancellor- " Good luck old cock - sorry to leave it in such a mess" ( Reginald Maudling 1964).
Unlike you, nobody made a fuss over in those days.
What a relevant story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.