What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

Tacchini, Lyle and Scott, fila, farahs, pringle, adidas, kickers. Hurleys on Piccadilly approach did the lot

United wore denim and denim to go with their mullets and rag scarves round their wrists
Pink Final is right though, before the foreign tennis wear was the stuff to be seen in, it was American football shirt, which we called teabag shirts because of the perforation on them. Slazenger jumpers, bubble coats and those Roxy leather jackets.
Adidas kick were the first trainers to been seen on a wide scale for us kids. Then Kickers, or Pods if you couldn't quite afford them.

When Perrys first started I'm sure they wore American football shirts.

Who sat in Platt Lane around 83/84 with all the casuals / hooligans?

Just treated myself to this.
s-l1600.jpg

I'm just disappointed that the photo of that jacket wasn't taken on a cum stained duvet...

Anyone remember Jean Machine in the Arndale. A shop that sold jeans,cords and shirts all with the FU's brand. Very fashionable in the early 80's . The scousers used to come down and buy it but would always ask for their gear to be put in a plain carrier bag because as soon as they got back to Lime Street they were getting mugged as the gear was so highly sought-after.
Don't believe any rag propoganda that they were the cool ones during the casual era. City had the smart firm while the rags just wore rags.

Last edited:
When Perrys first started I'm sure they wore American football shirts.

Who sat in Platt Lane around 83/84 with all the casuals / hooligans?

Just treated myself to this.
s-l1600.jpg
You're spot on about the American thing. Think they might have been classed as baseball shirts rather than American football shirts and it would have been around 1980 - every bleeder seemed to have one!

Fila,Lacoste pringle Tacchini ski jackets chicken hats(ski hats) semi flare jeans Adidas samba Adidas indoor super great days

I used to love going to Manchester as a teenager to shop in Hurleys.

Samba were very popular trainers in the 80's
Was it mamba, and bamba as well or have I just made them up getting old now, remember the cool cats at an away game suited and booted once the old Farah slacks don't know if they still do them

Was it mamba, and bamba as well or have I just made them up getting old now, remember the cool cats at an away game suited and booted once the old Farah slacks don't know if they still do them

Yeah I think they did for a while.

Farah were all the rage in the mid 80's. I wore Farah trousers and a Pringle sweater at school in all black with Samba trainers. Thought I was cool as fuck. Pity the girls didn't!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.