What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

Were the perry boys just a Manchester thing? Did they have groups of supporters of both mancunian clubs or did they tend to follow one?
The styles and brands of clothes were all over the country, eventually. But in Mcr they were called Perry Boys, and followed both clubs. Other areas had different names before they morphed into one generic name...casuals.

Funniest thing about this thread and the whole Football casual look?

Loads of Gay men fancy the pants out of this whole look.
Mooch around Canal St. Wearing this clobber and you'd be raped, no joke! Haha

Tacchini, Lyle and Scott, fila, farahs, pringle, adidas, kickers. Hurleys on Piccadilly approach did the lot

United wore denim and denim to go with their mullets and rag scarves round their wrists
Even a weeks wages when 16 wasn't enough to buy a fila t-shirt in the early 80's. I felt the coolest fucker abt when I bought my first Ellesse top.

images

i had this little bad boy look

Funniest thing about this thread and the whole Football casual look?

Loads of Gay men fancy the pants out of this whole look.
Mooch around Canal St. Wearing this clobber and you'd be raped, no joke! Haha

Do you talk from experience? Stephen Port is probably wanking over you in prison.

In the 60s Most wore whatever they got handed down .the Hoolies in the 70s wore a variation of crombies .harrington jackets .fred perrys.ben sherman .Doc Martins .loafers .not forgeting the braces to make sure we looked proper smooth lol .

Check shirts.... over your jumper! Star Jumpers!

The styles and brands of clothes were all over the country, eventually. But in Mcr they were called Perry Boys, and followed both clubs. Other areas had different names before they morphed into one generic name...casuals.
The name Perry Boys was more of a media phrase. Lads didn't call themselves Perry's. Anyone who was wearing the latest gear was usually referred to as "Top" or "Smart".
Followers of both City and United were bang into the scene and fans from other towns would often copy what the Mancs were wearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.