Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy Internationals have fucked him up in the past whilst I can understand his pride in playing for his country it will shorten his club career.

g4ELom-R_normal.jpg
Kristof Terreur

@HLNinEngeland

Vincent Kompany admits he'll probably retire from int. football after the WC: "There's a big chance 2018 will be my last year with Belgium."

Vinny is an intelligent player and there shouldn't be any doubts that he can work the best way in prolonging his career. Hopefully he can play still play at both domestic and international level.

Last edited:
A fit Kompany is the best defender in the EPL - and arguably in world football. And he's able to command our back line, getting the best out of whoever else is around him. Hell - he's even fantastic on offense on set plays - scoring at least twice I think (maybe more) after he came back into our squad at the close of the season.

Hopefully, Kompany/Pep have worked out how to avoid the injuries which have plagued Kompany's career lately. A fit Kompany will be huge for us next year - a fit Kompany could well propel us to the PL title and a deep run (at least) in the CL.

Last edited:
Was only speaking to a mate tonight about Vince, and saying that I had to admit myself that until those last 6/7 games of the season I'd even forgot myself how good Vince was, he truly is one of the best in the world when fit.

A fit Kompany is the best defender in the EPL - and arguably in world football. And he's able to command our back line, getting the best out of whoever else is around him. Hell - he's even fantastic on offense on set plays - scoring at least twice I think (maybe more) after he came back into our squad at the close of the season.

Hopefully, Kompany/Pep have worked out how to avoid the injuries which have plagued Kompany's career lately. A fit Kompany will be huge for us next year - a fit Kompany could well propel us to the PL title and a deep run (at least) in the CL.
My overriding thought once the season had finished was what if Kompany had been in that back four away at Monaco. They might still have knocked us out I suppose but I just don't imagine they would have scored that third goal (in that manner) which was a pathetic goal to concede. That's the difference, huge season defining moments and with Kompany there we have the steel to see them through, without him there almost seems to be an inevitability that those moments will go against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.