Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look on so many threads on here particularly the Van Dijk thread and see people saying that we don't really need to prioritise buying a centre back and I wonder what on earth they have been watching all season. I am convinced that if we don't, then unless Kompany can play 50+ matches this coming season then we will win nothing, no matter how much we spend elsewhere on the pitch.

It's like some people didn't watch City last season. Otamendi and stones together are a mistake waiting to happen. After that Monaco home game, I never wanted them to player together again.

It's like some people didn't watch City last season. Otamendi and stones together are a mistake waiting to happen. After that Monaco home game, I never wanted them to player together again.
Indeed. So he brings Kolarov in for Otamendi for the second leg and it is essentially just as bad. People are happy for us to gamble on Kompany's fitness in a situation where if he goes again then we are left with those same three as our options for another season. Meanwhile we have added an attacking midfielder already and people are claiming that signing Sanchez is still more of a priority than a CB. It is just incredible. We should be trying to get a balanced squad ASAP, getting Sanchez should be the bonus if it happens IMO not getting a CB (which is essential).

Indeed. So he brings Kolarov in for Otamendi for the second leg and it is essentially just as bad. People are happy for us to gamble on Kompany's fitness in a situation where if he goes again then we are left with those same three as our options for another season. Meanwhile we have added an attacking midfielder already and people are claiming that signing Sanchez is still more of a priority than a CB. It is just incredible. We should be trying to get a balanced squad ASAP, getting Sanchez should be the bonus if it happens IMO not getting a CB (which is essential).

Yep, think some of our fans have gone mad.

Wow, how shit is that goal of the season trophy!

Well done Vinny anyways :)

Curious to see how we handle Kompany next season, in terms of fitness.

I remember when Ledley King was in his last couple of seasons at Spurs, he barely trained, was only used in the big matches and was still their best player pretty much.

His fitness issues were degenerative though i believe, whereas Kompany's are muscular, so i guess there's some kind of balancing act of maintaining condition and strength, whilst not overworking.

I was thinking, i'm pretty sure we can win the league without Kompany playing in most games. But the Champions League, i just can't imagine us doing anything special without having the leadership of VK in there.

Is Pep going to just treat him as our first choice defender and captain, or really manage his game time.

He may well have saved his career with that run of games (goals and influence in the games as well) towards the end of the season. Komps alongside any of our CB's is fine. A long term injury and we are in trouble. That being said, we would need to sell Otamendi at least before we could bring in a new CB surely.

He may well have saved his career with that run of games (goals and influence in the games as well) towards the end of the season. Komps alongside any of our CB's is fine. A long term injury and we are in trouble. That being said, we would need to sell Otamendi at least before we could bring in a new CB surely.
Why would we sell our best CB last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.