Ryan Bertrand

Why? we need 2 assuming aleks is off

We won't spend £30m on a back up and £40m on Mendy.

Plus do the same at right back.

No way are we spending £150m on fullbacks this summer.

We still have to likely replace Navas, Nolito, Fernando and Delph too.

We won't spend £30m on a back up and £40m on Mendy.

Plus do the same at right back.

No way are we spending £150m on fullbacks this summer.

We still have to likely replace Navas, Nolito, Fernando and Delph too.

Even @tolmie's hairdoo said it was mendy and Bertrand mate. 4 new fullbacks was the plan walker and laces for right side and mendy and Bertrand left side

Rumours were that we are interested in both Mendy and Bertrand.....whether the 30mil asking changes this I dont know but I think the original plan was to sign both.

Say Mendy is £40m, would we really spend £70m on two left backs. Then £50m on Walker and potentially another £30m on a back up.

Yep.

Also, why would Bertrand be back up in a World Cup year.

You may be right here but he'd hardly be a 'back up' as such as the fullbacks would rotate on almost a match by match basis. We could be playing 60 odd games next year and full back is probably the most physically demanding position in the side. If we get Bertrand in first, assuming it's a straight forward deal, then it also strengthens our hand in the Mendy negotiations as we won't be absolutely reliant on signing him.
We need 4 quality full backs, Mendy in addition to Bertrand is surely the plan here and both would get plenty of game time.

Say Mendy is £40m, would we really spend £70m on two left backs. Then £50m on Walker and potentially another £30m on a back up.

I agree, it would seem unlikely mate...but we in a position where this seems our only option to upgrading the squad to CL level...

I hope so we've been calling out for class full backs for ages now may aswell get them all out the way at once

I wonder who the other right back will be...interested to see whether we'll focus on Walker and have a stop gap (Dinho etc) and sign one next year or pick a new target.

I would imagine now that dinho would be used there if need be or even stones?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.