The Boxing thread

The worst thing thing people can do is assume the result of a fight with unknown variables. I think people mistake that 'bigger fighters' like Canelo haven't managed to knock out Mayweather. Mayweather is a very astute fighter, no doubt, but he gets caught. McG would have to entice him to fight him, in order to win. Mayweather likes to stand and trade with his opponents to see where/ they're/ he's at.

I think if McG relies on single shot fighting, he's fooked and he doesn't do high volume fighting. But, the trade off is FM's bravado to stand and fight in small moments towards the end of a round. A guide right and Mayweather moving to McG's left should see a straight left from McG, but it depends on how quick he is to see it.

Now, let's get this straight; they don't like each other and it's a battle of egos.

I don't think this will change the momentum of each sport, positively or negatively.

It's simply Mayweather vs McGregor, not boxing vs MMA.

Last edited:
Now, let's get this straight; they don't like each other and it's a battle of egos.

Ahhh, you've bought it. I'd wager they get on very well, both being obnoxious rich men who think they are the hardest guys in the world. They're laughing hand in hand to the bank.

I'm a huge MMA fan and Mayweather is going to win easily and my fear is it will set MMA back a decade in the eyes of casual fans.

It would be like a Pentathlon athlete racing Usian Bolt, being humiliated and people thinking Pentathlete's are rubbish.

The reality is it's incredible hard to be good and proficient in many sports.

The press conferences are the best thing about this, McGregors line "...why are you carrying a school bag, you can't even read!"
I don't think so eventually the casuals will listen to what fans on both sides have been saying all along the fight is a sideshow attraction and it shouldn't really be happening.

I don't know why the crowd were so behind Mayweather. He's obviously a top class bell end. He did nothing entertaining on the stage and just did a shite robot dance and walked back and forth shouting 'yeahhh!' Repeatedly. I think McGregor certainly overdid the insults though when he told the crowd to suck his dick etc etc that was a bit too much.

I do find McGregor funny but he gets away with so much because of that accent IMO... just for a moment imagine Tony Bellew's voice saying some of McGregors lines and they take on a new nasty flavour.

Ahhh, you've bought it. I'd wager they get on very well, both being obnoxious rich men who think they are the hardest guys in the world. They're laughing hand in hand to the bank.

I don't doubt they're laughing, but the dislike is real.

Do you think FM likes McG calling the crowd to 'fook the Mayweathers'? Nah. Cuts to the bone, that does. No amount of pantomime forgives that public display.

None.

Does anyone over 10 actually like this fake trash talk? I just find it so cringe worthy.

I don't doubt they're laughing, but the dislike is real.

Do you think FM likes McG calling the crowd to 'fook the Mayweathers'? Nah. Cuts to the bone, that does. No amount of pantomime forgives that public display.

None.

Really? For the amount of cash they're getting, I'd let anyone say anything they liked - words can't hurt you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.