The Boxing thread

No he hasnt
Was there not a rumor he was knocked out in training? It doesn't really matter if that was true or not if anyone really thinks McGregor has a chin the likes of which boxing has "never seen" then that is delusion of the highest order(many boxers take concussive hits for a living, MMA fighters focus on much more because of submissions). Any fighter out there in any sport can be knocked out cold that's a fact and I'll say it again I wont at all be surprised if he is knocked out if he thinks he can't be.

Last edited:
Saw a video fairly recently of a bare Knuckle champion have a proper boxing match.
He had been calling out Tyson and Lewis but instead fought a journeyman boxer.
The boxer knocked him out inside the 1st round.
This is exactly what would happen to CM if Mayweather were to box properly. However, I suspect it may be a big farce and end in a draw so they have to have a rematch so they can both earn another 100m
Exactly and he's not the only bareknuckle fighter to make that mistake "you punch with gloves on... your punches wont hurt me" *ding* lights out.

Saw a video fairly recently of a bare Knuckle champion have a proper boxing match.
He had been calling out Tyson and Lewis but instead fought a journeyman boxer.
The boxer knocked him out inside the 1st round.
This is exactly what would happen to CM if Mayweather were to box properly. However, I suspect it may be a big farce and end in a draw so they have to have a rematch so they can both earn another 100m

If it's a draw, there will be a riot.

Was there not a rumor he was knocked out in training? It doesn't really matter if that was true or not if anyone really thinks McGregor has a chin the likes of which boxing has "never seen" then that is delusion of the highest order(many boxers take concussive hits for a living, MMA fighters focus on much more because of submissions). Any fighter out there in any sport can be knocked out cold that's a fact and I'll say it again I wont at all be surprised if he is knocked out if he thinks he can't be.
Yeh just a rumour. I dare say every combat sport fighter has been dropped behind closed doors though. Im not sure if mayweather can knock him down for the 10 count. But i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a tko by overwhelming him. Dont think it will be within a few rounds like some are predicting though.

McGregor won't even get close to Mayweather! Mayweather is going to humiliate him (Which I'll take great joy in watching Mayweather slap him around the ring). Mayweather is unbelievable. I've been putting €20 a week on Mayweather to stop McGregor in 12 rounds, Price started off at 11/10 INCREDIBLE ODDS went down to 10/11, 8/11 and now 8/13. By the time the fight comes around I should a nice lump sum on it

He'll embarrass him,'that we can agree on but I wouldn't go near the stoppage, bud... if this does anywhere near the numbers expected, also follows the pantomime narrative, then it's plausible it will go the distance and a potential rematch!!!

For anyone who hasn't seen them...

Conor's not going to box him, he's going to attempt to walk through the punches as Mayweather's boxes and runs, he's gonna try and corner him and wait for Mayweather's natural defences to go up and aim to shoot a straight through his guard for the knockout.

Depending on the weight McGregor puts on and the stamina to chase Mayweather down, whilst not getting frustrated, he's actually got a very good chance of achieving his goal. After all, Mayweather has VERY little chance of knocking out McG, but that depends on accumulative punching and whether McG thinks he can walk through it all.

Embarrassing these press conferences, it's turned very WWE!! Killing the boxing image this whole charade, I hope they both hit each other so hard that neither are able to fight ever again!!

I'm a huge MMA fan and Mayweather is going to win easily and my fear is it will set MMA back a decade in the eyes of casual fans.

It would be like a Pentathlon athlete racing Usian Bolt, being humiliated and people thinking Pentathlete's are rubbish.

The reality is it's incredible hard to be good and proficient in many sports.

The press conferences are the best thing about this, McGregors line "...why are you carrying a school bag, you can't even read!"

I'm a huge MMA fan and Mayweather is going to win easily and my fear is it will set MMA back a decade in the eyes of casual fans.

It would be like a Pentathlon athlete racing Usian Bolt, being humiliated and people thinking Pentathlete's are rubbish.

The reality is it's incredible hard to be good and proficient in many sports.

The press conferences are the best thing about this, McGregors line "...why are you carrying a school bag, you can't even read!"
I disagree in that it will set MMA back due to Conor getting schooled in boxing.
It's set MMA back and boxing back due to the conduct of both imbeciles, prancing around like children, acting all immature, showing no fucking respect.
Mayweather is a wife beating twat anyway and thus devalues Boxing as a sport.
The lack of respect Conor is showing devalues MMA as well, historically it just doesn't happen in MMA, with respect being at the forefront of Martial Arts.
In order to defeat your opponent you must first respect your opponent.
One big Hollywood show which isn't teaching future generations anything positive/productive.

It has however increased the visibility of MMA big time.
There's people like my Mrs, before she met me (6mths ago) she never even knew or heard of MMA.

Now she would easily recognise Conor McGregor in the street as he's plastered all over her Facebook as her friends are sharing all this shit of his, with showtime/ufc probably paying Facebook to part promote this event as well.

My only hope is that those who do stick around, get to see what MMA truly is about, learn about traditional martial arts and how respect and discipline is at the forefront of it.
Not this WWE bollocks.

I enjoyed the latest conference. Mayweather got one back. Calling McGregor a quitter and a circus clown and saying him and D White are making the real money, then he threw 1 dollar bills on him haha. Was great seeing Connor looking so frustrated. Regarding the fight we all know it's a joke, I'll probably watch it though. I hope Floyd toys with him for 12 rounds and embarrasses him. McGregror for me isn't funny, he's cringe and he's disrespected the fighters n the UFC for a long time now. He should be fighting Tony Ferguson not Floyd, guys never defended a belt and just berates people about how much richer he is. Was good to see him get a taste of that today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.