Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
im really confused as to why ppl think aguero would be leaving based on some tweets from 1-2 foreign journalists. like you guys are worried and making it seem like theres a significant chance he leaves which just isn't the case. everything still points to us being able to sign alexis. will we sign him this month? maybe but arsenal are stubborn and it might drag until the end of the window, just relax.

Going to be interesting to see if it ever gets to the point where we make an offer for this guy.

All the regurgitation of stories -- off to Bayern, Bayern out of the race, off to PSG, PSG not interested, off to City, swap with Aguero, City starting to look elsewhere, Alexis a City priority blah blah blah. Even with Alexis' latest quotes my gut feel more and more is that Alexis' agent is working the press overtime to get the best deal possible out of Arsenal.

Two things have always stuck in my mind about this saga.

1 When a Chilean journalist first broke the story late last year and Pep was asked about it, he called that journalist a liar (possibly to avoid any potential stories of tapping up).

2 Alexis when talking towards the end of the season (I know things can change) said he loves London and ideally wants to stay there and fight for trophies.

Happy to be wrong and he signs on. Not terribly worried if I'm not. There will be someone else. Maybe not as good on reputation but suitable for what Pep wants.

By your kind of logic, all the top teams would be busy buying players that their rivals wanted. Forget about what they needed themselves as long as the other team didn't sign them

Hope you don't live your life by that logic.
It becomes necessary in a world where needs are limitless whilst the resources to meet these needs aren't especially where you have fewer absolutely world class talent and I just gave a scenario of how that plays out. No need for the snide remarks by the way.

Edit: see how the Bernardo Silva transfer played out. United (no matter how much they try to save face) wanted him but we had to move in in the manner we did to prevent them from getting the man. I know that primarily we are supposed to have our own targets but in the real world where those targets are targets for other clubs and in a world where there are alternatives, you cannot help but consider what a rival might do in making your decision on transfers.

Last edited:
Look my analysis is this:

Wenger has 2 years left to cement his legacy. He wants to win the title. He is not going to strengthen City whilst weakening Arsenal that's just lunacy,

If Sanchez goes it will be to a Bayern or PSG.

And Sanchez goes nowhere until we get another marquee signing

Got it?

Wenger has two years left, he's not won a title since 2004 and his squad is arguably the weakest it's ever been. Hes not going to win the league with players like Ozil. Arsenal have a history of selling, they're not going to let a £50m asset leave for free, again, the fact Arsenal care more about money shows this.

Sanchez doesn't want Bayern or PSG, he wants City, he wants Pep, and he wants to challenge for trophies consistently. To Alexis, the FA Cup isn't important, it's the PL/CL or bust.

I for one am more persuaded by the essence of Damos analysis on twatter (Aguero part of brand, words of Khaldoon, Pep, Aguero + agent) than what some random Spanish journalist throws out there. That aside, on what level would it make sense for us selling Aguero to Chelsea? Unlike Arsenal, selling to direct rivals isn't what we do. For them, it has been, will be, and probably is this summer. Question is only if we want to pay.

I think aguero will be here 1 more season break the goal record and leave a hero. Sanchez and aguero can work together but we need to be on the look for a potential replacement.

As a fan of a club that has only won 4 league titles in its 137 year history you have a lot of mouth

Dont go there mate. History isnt a strong point with Arsenal fans and you might just get a lesson on it.

This is a City forum so deal with City views or dont bother logging on its that simple.

As a fan of a club that has only won 4 league titles in its 137 year history you have a lot of mouth
Can the real Gladstonian Liberal please stand up..

oh you just did..

That's just proved your real agenda on here.

You must fucking hate the fact that little meaningless City are better than Arsenal at this current time.

Last edited:
Can the real Gladtonian Liberal please stand up..

oh you just did..

That's just proved your real agenda on here.

You must fucking hate the fact that little meaningless City are better than Arsenal at this current time.

Not at all
I don't have a problem with City
I admire the style of football you play and happy to concede that you are favourites for the title
However I do have a problem with moronic posters who are incapable of making any contribution other than puerile abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.