Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame, because there are some legitimate grievances with the media coverage that the club receives but threads like this (and the previous "agenda" ones) just get clogged up with petty gripes about fairly trivial stuff, and it cheapens the argument. As a result, outsiders are less sympathetic when we have genuine cause to complain, because we're seen, rightly or wrongly, as a somewhat paranoid fanbase.

It's better to rise above most of the stuff that is written about us. The newspaper industry is in steady decline, and our successes are all the sweeter knowing that the likes of Ogden, Jackson etc are willing us to fail.

I absolutely agree with this BUT I do feel that one or 2 posters come across as slightly smug when trying to negate the arguments that those of us who feel there is a bias. Now there have been so many comments made about media bias that surely those who say there isnt have got to think why do so many people feel that way are they all wrong?

As has been said so many times before whether it is bias for one team or bias against another I am sure we can all agree that there is an imbalance in how the media on different clubs. Now we can surely understand why a url with Ronaldo- United-Transfer will generate alot of clicks and basically that is what our media has got to.....clickbait

Is it annoying yes, do we feel it more bearing in mind that our noisy neighbours gain the biggest benefit from that imbalance probably but as Ric says we have to learn to pick our battles as whilst Sky and News Corporation do what they do us railing and ranting shouting "its not fair" over every perceived imbalance will just make us look slightly small time as they will not change as its the only thing they have got

The way to change the view and attitude of the media is with sustained success as then it will be in their interests to write positive articles

Well - I do not think that the percentage wold be as high as you suggest - but let's hypothetically go with it for a moment.

Does that then mean that - on a forum for CITY fans to interact - the views and concerns of the much smaller minority that we can come across as paranoid should prevail and be sufficient to deny the very large majority the space and opportunity to discuss a topic about CITY that they care about?

And @ FS - you asked I think about why I called your approach a crusade/campaign - at least the question was something like that and I cannot be bothered checking as I am off to the pub.

My response would be - as my question was in the earlier post - that you should just reflect yourself on your approach. Take the hypothetical 95 / 5% example of Matt on the views of CITY fans - should that not, to a degree, be reflected in the number of posts rom posters with differing views?

Well I am pretty sure that is not the case - the naysayers post in much higher volumes - it is like some of the politics threads in off-topic where contrary views must be drowned out by volume. You speak about the amount of flak that you get and that a lot of your posts are responses to these - but are you not, through a level of self-indulgence, prompting those responses to you that in turn give you the fuel for your 'passion'.

Anyway - just my opinion and not one I feel exercised enough about to delay me going to the pub.

But I will repeat the first polite question - are you going to keep this up?

I do not suggest there is a problem with you posting in the thread - of course that is absolutely not my business - and not my view as the 'counter-views' should always be welcomed. But If you are going to continue in the relentless volume that you have done to date - I will acquiesce and not bother with the thread as I am wanting to discuss the topic not have these sorts of exchanges.

So - as you clearly seem to be a well intended and fair-minded chap I would suggest/request that you do some self-reflection because you are in fact preventing other CITY fans from partaking in/enjoying this thread - IMHO.
This is getting a bit frustrating so I leave this for now but honestly, the only person I see seeking to 'enforce' a view, well it aint me and it aint frank. If you want the postings to be reflective only of your view then i'd ask ric when the next mod position comes up then you can delete anything you dont agree with

Ah right. So Frank gets absolutely fuckin hammered on here. Called every name under the sun. When someone gives it back you start whinging.

I never wanted to point that out, as it would appear im full of myself, but im usually in the minority on here and have in the past got lots of abuse and yet mcfc1632 thinks its those with a contrary view not tolerating others opinions. Personally I think it has been extremely good-natured today so I have no idea what his problem is.

Everybody should be allowed to put their point of view across and anybody should be welcome to disagree with it .
As long as nobody is slagging off other blues then it's all good fun.
I don't agree with many points of view and will put my point of view across but I do my utmost not to offend other blues as we all are here for a debate and dare I say it for some light relief with fellow blues.
I'm happy enough for anybody to disagree with my views and as long as they aren't being too insulting ( which nobody has ) then it's good craic.
It would be bloody boring if nobody could disagree with other points of view wouldn't it.

Everybody should be allowed to put their point of view across and anybody should be welcome to disagree with it .
As long as nobody is slagging off other blues then it's all good fun.
I don't agree with many points of view and will put my point of view across but I do my utmost not to offend other blues as we all are here for a debate and dare I say it for some light relief with fellow blues.
I'm happy enough for anybody to disagree with my views and as long as they aren't being too insulting ( which nobody has ) then it's good craic.
It would be bloody boring if nobody could disagree with other points of view wouldn't it.
Well I disagree with all of that.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.