Celtic Thread 2017/18.

They do have a lot of, let's call them followers (rather than fans) over here. Not too hard to figure out why, but I'm not going to open that can of worms! As for them supporting English clubs, that is true. Two in particular, with a third one lurking a bit behind.

We were founded by an Irishman as a way of raising money for the Irish poor who settled in Glasgow. The majority of our support come from descendents of this group.

The links are strong but overplayed IMO. People don't really give a fuck but the younger ones think they have to and make a complete **** of themselves in the process.

We were founded by an Irishman as a way of raising money for the Irish poor who settled in Glasgow. The majority of our support come from descendents of this group.

The links are strong but overplayed IMO. People don't really give a fuck but the younger ones think they have to and make a complete **** of themselves in the process.
A Christian Brother from Sligo, wasn't it? As you said, it was set up to help the destitute Irish in the East End of Glasgow.

A Christian Brother from Sligo, wasn't it? As you said, it was set up to help the destitute Irish in the East End of Glasgow.

Walfrid was his name. Things were desperate. The team gave them a symbol and cause. An escape from the dire conditions. There was also widespread discrimination and to go against all that on the football field and say fuck you was, and still is, a great feeling.

Nobody wants us to do well generally up here due to sectarian undertones. People rail against that sometimes in stupid ways.

The whole sectarian/religious bullshit is the primary reason why most on here (myself included) don't want want either of the "old firm" pitching up in the PL. It's nonsense going back to 1690, for fuck's sake. And yes, I know; it's only a minority of fans on each side that are stuck in a time warp. But they are a noisy minority. Also, we've had trouble when each of you has visited Manchester in the recent past. We really don't need that shite, if we're honest.

The whole sectarian/religious bullshit is the primary reason why most on here (myself included) don't want want either of the "old firm" pitching up in the PL. It's nonsense going back to 1690, for fuck's sake. And yes, I know; it's only a minority of fans on each side that are stuck in a time warp. But they are a noisy minority. Also, we've had trouble when each of you has visited Manchester in the recent past. We really don't need that shite, if we're honest.

I don't blame you. It does my head in. It's a shame, because if we were minus all that Shute Cektic and Rangers in there would be brilliant if we had access to the money.

It's never going to happen.

I don't blame you. It does my head in. It's a shame, because if we were minus all that Shute Cektic and Rangers in there would be brilliant if we had access to the money.

It's never going to happen.

If it's any consolation the other league namely La Liga with two big teams and a bunch of also rans has hit rock bottom finding out they ain't top of the tree anymore ?
Without sectarianism the Scottish big two might have a huge slice of the pie mate.

If it's any consolation the other league namely La Liga with two big teams and a bunch of also rans has hit rock bottom finding out they ain't top of the tree anymore ?
WWithout sectarianism the Scottish big two might have a huge slice of the pie mate.

Without sectarianism the Scottish big two might have a huge slice of the pie mate.[/QUOTE]

I have more chance of replacing Harry Styles in One Direction. Tragic state of affairs but that's about it.

I would like to see celtic and rangers in the English leagues,think they would add a lot too it,think if they wanted to join the English leagues they would have to start at the bottom and work their way up.

as for the violence,think it would drift away, at the moment its a big thing to come to England and play,all the loonies would come,after a while though it would stop .

Nobody wants us to do well generally up here due to sectarian undertones. People rail against that sometimes in stupid ways.
As a neutral observer I don't think that is true. The Old Firm are not particularly popular with fans of other clubs because of their dominance but there is a fair bit more sympathy towards Celtic than Rangers.
The unpopularity is not due to sectarianism other than from some Rangers and a few Hearts fans.
Most folk are fed up with sectarianism.

As a neutral observer I don't think that is true. The Old Firm are not particularly popular with fans of other clubs because of their dominance but there is a fair bit more sympathy towards Celtic than Rangers.
The unpopularity is not due to sectarianism other than from some Rangers and a few Hearts fans.
Most folk are fed up with sectarianism.

Most are but there are enough to ensure they get headlines that most of us cringe at. I wish we could deport them all to NI. They fucking love sectarianism over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.