Centre back options

Well had he not been so fast off his line, to rescue poor defending, there's a decent chance the result would have been very different, put it that way.

I don't know whether you're a perfectionist or just a miserable get :) but every side in the world is going to concede chances. Unless you play United at home.

Last season every mistake or decent chance we conceded pretty much ended up in the opposition scoring. Whereas United, Chelsea and Spurs (the only sides who conceded less than us) had goalkeepers who could bail them out. That doesn't make them have a poor defence.

I wouldn't go that far in saying our whole defence was shit last season, we still had the 4th best defence conceding 39 goals-11 of which were conceded in 3 games , 4 v Everton and Leicester and 3 v Chelsea at home.

More a case of players unfit to play Peps system than a system fault, there will be a drastic improvement I'm sure this coming season.

Agree about signing another CB though, one injury and we are very very thin again in that department.

Bingo!

Add to the fact we've addressed the keeper and full back weaknesses, it would be mad to think that that won't be a drastic improvement already.

I don't know whether you're a perfectionist or just a miserable get :) but every side in the world is going to concede chances. Unless you play United at home.

Last season every mistake or decent chance we conceded pretty much ended up in the opposition scoring. Whereas United, Chelsea and Spurs (the only sides who conceded less than us) had goalkeepers who could bail them out. That doesn't make them have a poor defence.

As I said, if we ruled out a lot of the complete shite individual defending & just had the usual level of crap, we'd probably win everything.

When we have the ball for 20 mins & want to press the opposition when we lose it to punt the ball out so we get it back, & they do, it shouldn't end up with our cb sat on his arse & the ball in our net.

Solve rubbish like that & we win the lot imo.

Bingo!

Add to the fact we've addressed the keeper and full back weaknesses, it would be mad to think that that won't be a drastic improvement already.

And Ederson, Walker, Danilo & Mendy also add a lot of physicality to the defense. Don't think we'll get bullied this season.

Bingo!

100%. Ederson looks to be a HUGE improvement to Bravo, while Danilo and Walker seem so much better, defensively and going forward, than Clichy and Zaba/Sagna were last season. And that's before even seeing Mendy play.

While a 4th center-back as cover would be great, our defense is already massively improved

If we don't sign another defender either a left centre back or a left back I can see us struggling defensively once again. IMO were lacking in that area and if injurys come along we will struggle at the back, we need another defender that's got to be our priority.

I'm just really scared with VK
Imagine if he injured in the match just after the transfer window closes
We are left only with ota and stones
And I personally feel if we don't win the League and dont reach atleast semis of UCL its a complete failure

I think it's safe to say we will be buying a centre half this month but the worrying thing is the lack of links..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.