Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on his attitude between now and the end of august. Without knowing exactly what's going on behind the scenes, it's hard to say for sure. However I do think they would call his bluff till the end by telling him PSG or nothing. He may be sold but I just can't see them selling to City. Not any more.

Why not City? Everything points to Sanchez saying it's City or I'm off next summer for free. Who has more to lose in that situation? I would say Arsenal has much much more to lose in that situation, I don't think Sanchez is bluffing, it's a win-win for him. He gets his move to City or he leaves for free next summer and becomes the most wanted free agent in history, guaranteeing himself a massive signing on bonus wherever he decides to go. I believe almost every top club will make an offer to Sanchez to try to convince him to join. He could sign a pre contract with a foreign club in January, there will be massive demand for his signature already in October/November, maybe even before that.

It depends on his attitude between now and the end of august. Without knowing exactly what's going on behind the scenes, it's hard to say for sure. However I do think they would call his bluff till the end by telling him PSG or nothing. He may be sold but I just can't see them selling to City. Not any more.
And do you think he, or his agent, would fall for that? Contract law works both ways, as I'm sure you're aware. The club cannot dictate to a player who his next employer will be, should he decide to leave or if they want to sell him. They may decide not to sell him to City, as is their right whilst he is under contract, but that's as far as it goes. If he tells the club that he is prepared to honour his contract in full, they WILL lose £50+. Do you think they will do that? I don't.

Why not City? Everything points to Sanchez saying it's City or I'm off next summer for free. Who has more to lose in that situation? I would say Arsenal has much much more to lose in that situation, I don't think Sanchez is bluffing, it's a win-win for him. He gets his move to City or he leaves for free next summer and becomes the most wanted free agent in history, guaranteeing himself a massive signing on bonus wherever he decides to go. I believe almost every top club will make an offer to Sanchez to try to convince him to join. He could sign a pre contract with a foreign club in January, there will be massive demand for his signature already in October/November, maybe even before that.
Well if he gets a massive fat offer from PSG or the like then good luck to him. At least he won't be at a premier league club where he could hurt us.

Well if he gets a massive fat offer from PSG or the like then good luck to him. At least he won't be at a premier league club where he could hurt us.

Again ignoring my statement pretty much. Alexis already demanded 500k pw to price himself out of a move to PSG. It's simple he wants only City or will leave on a free. Face the truth. Kroenke and the board will not forfeit 50-60m to keep a player that doesn't want to be there. There is only one outcome to this saga and that's seeing Sanchez hold up the City shirt.

Again ignoring my statement pretty much. Alexis already demanded 500k pw to price himself out of a move to PSG. It's simple he wants only City or will leave on a free. Face the truth. Kroenke and the board will not forfeit 50-60m to keep a player that doesn't want to be there. There is only one outcome to this saga and that's seeing Sanchez hold up the City shirt.
You could be right, we'll see. Hopefully if you do get him he proves to be past his best. We certainly had his best years at 25-28. If I recall correctly, RVP only had one good season at united before he went downhill rapidly. Maybe taking 50 mill off you is the wise thing to do.

You could be right, we'll see. Hopefully if you do get him he proves to be past his best. We certainly had his best years at 25-28. If I recall correctly, RVP only had one good season at united before he went downhill rapidly. Maybe taking 50 mill off you is the wise thing to do.

I believe Sanchez just had his best season ever. Van Perise had many injuries. I could see Sanchez put in two great seasons with us winning many trophies. Maybe even longer as he'll play less often due to Pep's rotation.

Don't be bitter. You should be mad at the board for their lack of ambition not City and Sanchez.

Real questions need to be asked over there. Having 3 important first team players with year left and all unlikely to sign an extension. Terrible planning. Has that ever happened with any other club? I can't imagine it.

I think that is what most on here having been telling you for a while. Not withstanding all the relevant arguments that yourself and a few others have put forward pertaining to why you would or should keep him, from our perspective it has always looked like the most logical thing for your owners to do.
Whether he rolls up here or not and whether he's a success or not, if he does, I think most on here look at the the way your club is run as a business and leaving out sentiment, feel your board came up with this conclusion ages ago.
I don't really read any of the crap that is written about football at the best of times and even less over the summer transfer period.
The logic of the above is the sole reason that I have felt that he will end up at City but Arsenal will drag it out until the end (which incidentally, I don't believe is the best decision for the team).

I'll be the first to admit though that IKFA.
Let's wait and see.

I believe Sanchez just had his best season ever. Van Perise had many injuries. I could see Sanchez put in two great seasons with us winning many trophies. Maybe even longer as he'll play less often due to Pep's rotation.

Don't be bitter. You should be mad at the board for their lack of ambition not City and Sanchez.

Real questions need to be asked over there. Having 3 important first team players with year left and all unlikely to sign an extension. Terrible planning. Has that ever happened with any other club? I can't imagine it.
I'm done with being mad at the board. Each season I just get more and more wound up with them, but what good does it do me? I just get stressed out and probably take another year off my life. They don't give a fuck. As long as they've got lots of the money I worked for over my lifetime then they don't care what I feel or when I pop my clogs. I'm surprised the bastards haven't got a remember us in your will page on the website.

I don't even blame Wenger. He's said lots of times about what goes on at Arsenal, that he can't say anything at the moment, but he will tell us all one day. The poor blokes been taking bullets for them for years. It could be one of the reasons he doesn't want to leave. While he is still there, he still has lots of control over what goes on. Maybe he's worried that any new manager will be dictated to by the board to the extent that Arsenal will just slide and slide.

I'm done with being mad at the board. Each season I just get more and more wound up with them, but what good does it do me? I just get stressed out and probably take another year off my life. They don't give a fuck. As long as they've got lots of the money I worked for over my lifetime then they don't care what I feel or when I pop my clogs. I'm surprised the bastards haven't got a remember us in your will page on the website.

I don't even blame Wenger. He's said lots of times about what goes on at Arsenal, that he can't say anything at the moment, but he will tell us all one day. The poor blokes been taking bullets for them for years. It could be one of the reasons he doesn't want to leave. While he is still there, he still has lots of control over what goes on. Maybe he's worried that any new manager will be dictated to by the board to the extent that Arsenal will just slide and slide.

You do have a point there. I could see Wenger choosing to stay for the club. He has a lot of power there and how can Arsenal even convince a top manager to come if they won't give him the funds to get the players he needs. After Wenger retires, Arsenal might become a 6th-7th place club.

You do have a point there. I could see Wenger choosing to stay for the club. He has a lot of power there and how can Arsenal even convince a top manager to come if they won't give him the funds to get the players he needs. After Wenger retires, Arsenal might become a 6th-7th place club.
If Usmanov took over, I think you'd see Wenger take a deep sigh of relief and probably announce his retirement at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.